Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,295   Posts: 1,535,668   Online: 1177

Shooter
    Multi Format

FS: Early Russian Contax III in good working order

You know you want one of these just for the cool factor -- a Russian copy of a pre-war Contax III, this is a model 4 (or maybe 3 -- web sites are not clear) made in 1963, which is good because in 1963 the factory still had workers and tooling from the days of the German instructors and World War II reparation era, so the cameras are better quality.

This one shows it -- smooth winding and firing. The slowest speeds are a titch draggy, but that's 50 years talking and when's the last time you shot a picture at 1/2 a second anyway? Come, on, be honest.

The meter does work, I leave it to you to figure out the film speeds on it. I never did. All this can be yours for a mere $70, and that includes postage to anywhere in the United States reachable by the US Postal Service. Foreign customers pay actual cost less the $10 I added to the price to make it look as if I were offering free shipping. Pick up in Ogden, Utah, I knock off $10 too.

Lens is clear, no haze or fungus, camera looks about right for moderately used. No dings or dents or Zeiss bumps. Rangefinder is dead-on.

You can't buy classic looks like this for less anywhere, not even in Ukraine.

PM or email summicron12000@yahoo.com, which is also my paypal name.

thanks --

Charlie Trentelman, Ogden, Utah.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1040985.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	589.0 KB 
ID:	67616

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Just a comment-- these can take some very good pictures. If I didn't have the II clone I would get this. The Jupiter lenses are really good (though there are a few dogs out there). If you want that vintage Zeiss lens look this will give it to you. I have quite a few pieces of the Russian rangefinder glass and have gotten great results. The Jupiter 3 f1.5 50mm Sonnar copy is available for around $150, and the wonderful Jupiter 9 f/2 85mm and 35mm Jupiter 12 copies can be had for much less than that. I don't know if "copies" is quite the right word, they picked up the engineers and tooling and "relocated" them. There are service people like Jerry Sorin in NY that can repair and adjust these too.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you know where cheap Jup nines can be had, I'm all ears. They have about doubled in the last year, in my neck of the woods.

Good Russian glass is some really neat stuff. The nine is on my list to be had.

Wish I had seen this before I blew this month's GAS money on something else.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ambaker View Post
    If you know where cheap Jup nines can be had, I'm all ears. They have about doubled in the last year, in my neck of the woods.

Good Russian glass is some really neat stuff. The nine is on my list to be had.

Wish I had seen this before I blew this month's GAS money on something else.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

so spend next month's. Geeze, I have to tell you people everything.

ct

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    pm sent

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin