Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,546   Posts: 1,572,902   Online: 986

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

FS: Kodak Double-X in 135 cartridges

I am selling Kodak Double-X (5222), rolled into 32+ exposure 35mm cartridges. This is a 250 ISO Daylight 35mm black-and-white negative film. It typically comes only in 400 and 1000 ft rolls for cinematography, but can be developed just like any other black-and-white film. This film is taken from fresh, direct-from-Kodak stock, and spooled into previously-used 35mm cartridges. As this is not an official Kodak product, and does not have the Kodak warranty, I've put a "Rapakpan XX" label on it.

If you don't know what this film can do, look here: http://www.flickr.com/groups/656147@N20/pool/

Each roll is $5.25+actual shipping. I ship worldwide, but orders under $50 are at your own risk. Orders over $50 are shipped insured. I accept PayPal, Google Checkout, Check and Money Order. The latter two may result in significant delay in shipment, as I wait until the payment clears.

*Edit: Forgot to add, I must collect sales tax for those living in PA.
    Last edited by nickrapak; 04-27-2013 at 01:04 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    "Panic not my child, the Great Yellow Father has your hand"--Larry Dressler

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Great idea. Good luck with the sale, I hope it works out for you.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Bump.

Shooter
    35mm
    Wonderful film! Too bad it does not come in 120 or I would be buying a bunch.

Shooter
    35mm
    How does Double-X push/pull? ISO250 is right in the range I never, ever find myself in the light for.
    The camera is the most incidental element of photography.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've never tried it myself, but given that it is a lower-contrast film when normally exposed, I would expect it to tolerate the increase in contrast from pushing relatively well. The one thing is that it is not a fine-grained film by any means, so expect rather coarse grain when pushing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you haven't tried this film, it's a good one and well worth the effort. I'm still working on my first 400' can - it's a lot of film!
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

Shooter
    35mm
    I shoot it at ei500 and develop in Acufine 3+3 and love the look. http://flic.kr/p/eek7xk
    flickr.com/danfogel
    Leica M2, Olympus 35RC, Olympus 35EC, Olympus Trip 35

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by danfogel View Post
    I shoot it at ei500 and develop in Acufine 3+3 and love the look. http://flic.kr/p/eek7xk
    Hey, not bad. Before clicking your link I was expecting a Tri-x at 1600 in Diafine look but that has some decent moderate contrast. I have a 400' roll of of XX I've been going thru and might now try it this way.
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by rich815 View Post
    Hey, not bad. Before clicking your link I was expecting a Tri-x at 1600 in Diafine look but that has some decent moderate contrast. I have a 400' roll of of XX I've been going thru and might now try it this way.
    FWIW, and not to steal the thunder of the classified ad, but I shoot Tri-x@1250 in Diafine and the look is much nicer than at 1600.
    flickr.com/danfogel
    Leica M2, Olympus 35RC, Olympus 35EC, Olympus Trip 35

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin