Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,991   Posts: 1,524,223   Online: 1141

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

2013 Free Lens Lending Library

As some of you may know, I annually offer to loan out some of my lenses. If these go, I'll try and put together a second batch. Not pictured is an 18" triplet, just a shiny silver tube with glass, no flange, and about 4.5" in diameter, if any one is interested.

The deal is:

1) you pay shipping both ways (Paypal) (some need insurance as well)
    2) Try not to break it.
    3) Send it back in 2 months
    4) US only due to the potentially long overseas shipping
    5) I reserve the right to say 'no'...

Due to sporadic wrist issues, these will probably arrive dusty, so you'll have to probably do a quick clean.

Also, I have a few (ugly, very ugly) front mount shutters that you can try out under the same rules with a lens.

I have a Luc that will fit #1.
    I have a Luc that will fit #2.
    I have an odd wooden/metal front mount lens that will fit any other lens pictured except the Dallmeyer Stigmatic.

As far as I can tell, the Lucs only have time and open, no instantaneous. The other one just has instant. And it will also double-fire on one push if that would ever be useful for anything.

#4 and #6 will need $150-200 insurance. (I think $200 is the same cost as $150 anyway). And, if you fall in love with the lens, you can buy it.

1) A. Laverne rapid rectilinear, about 9". Has aperture. The tube also comes and can be used for macro types of shots if you want. There is a flange that can be used with or without the tube.

2) B&L petzval, approx 8"

3) 10" petzval. Can be used with or without the accompanying brass tube.

4) Darlot wide angle hemispherical, 5" back focus marked 6 1/2 x 8 1/2. On my 8x10, it appears to cover 8x10. Insurance required both ways.

5) Dallmeyer Stigmatic Series II, No. 5, has aperture

6) Dallmeyer 1a patent rectilinear, approx 5", 8 1/2 x 6 1/2, looks to me like it covers 8x10

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I love this idea. Although I am unable to participate due to my location and equipment issues, I think that this is refreshing. Thanks!

Shooter
    127 Format
    Images
    I'd be interested in #2 if it would swirl on 4x5.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixcinater View Post
    I'd be interested in #2 if it would swirl on 4x5.
    Normally for swirl, you need a length too short for the format, then you move in closer to force the aberrations. I have a 3 1/4" Gundlach Manhattan that you could try. It doesn't thread together very well, but you could just tape it.

Richard

Shooter
    127 Format
    Images
    Ah, I'm fairly new to the 4x5 world (normally use a 8 1/4" Tessar and a 127 Ektar) so thank you for that info. I've yet to try a 3" Wolly projection lens that I got a while back, so I should try that first before borrowing anything.

Thank you for offering these up.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    #1 has been borrowed

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    #3 has been borrowed

Shooter
    35mm
    I've always been curious what the draw of these older brass lenses is. I see them go for what seem (to my ignorant mind) to be very high prices. What do they do that newer lenses do not?
    The camera is the most incidental element of photography.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by okto View Post
    I've always been curious what the draw of these older brass lenses is. I see them go for what seem (to my ignorant mind) to be very high prices. What do they do that newer lenses do not?
    "Outdated" or "deprecated" lens designs that doesn't meet the perfection that lenses of today require. They do produce a beautifully and aesthetically pleasing image.
    Nicholai Nissen
    Kolding, Denmark
    nicholainissen@gmail.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    that darlot wide angle rapid rectalinaer is probably my all time favorite lens.

have fun whoever borrows it !
    im empty, good luck

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin