Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,709   Posts: 1,548,619   Online: 1154

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post
    When I get it, I will cut something to fit. Kind of interesting not to know, although the bigger the better. I will check and report.
    if you look at the image showing the owners manual (white thing that says Ideal Cameras) you can see a list of sizes and where the original owner of the camera has underlined, in pencil, 6.5 by 9 -- so that's what this one is. He had the film processed at a store in Salt Lake City that no longer exists. Also included is an envelope full of the film pack tabs that the guy got back from one roll/pack of film he shot in the camera.

Sure wish I had some of the negatives he shot.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I measure the holder openings to be 1/4 plate or 3-1/4X4-1/4. The holders have excellent felt and are made for plate and supplied with film sheaths. 3 is plenty for how I will use this jewel.

My unexposed 1967 3x4 Tri-X Film pack fit the supplied film pack holder.

This thing is gorgeous and complete!

It is beyond museum quality.

I truly love this camera and it is like a cousin to my Prewar Linhof Technika Standard 5X7. Same type body. Exquisite construction. I will shoot it.

Thank you so much!

Quote Originally Posted by summicron1 View Post
    if you look at the image showing the owners manual (white thing that says Ideal Cameras) you can see a list of sizes and where the original owner of the camera has underlined, in pencil, 6.5 by 9 -- so that's what this one is. He had the film processed at a store in Salt Lake City that no longer exists. Also included is an envelope full of the film pack tabs that the guy got back from one roll/pack of film he shot in the camera.

Sure wish I had some of the negatives he shot.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Image shot with old dry plate, maybe as old as camera

By new owner.

It is for sure 1/4 plate!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That's great! Is it a print or did you scan the plate? (I've had a really hard time getting a good print through the fog when I've shot on old plates, but I'm not a very experienced printer.)

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin