Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,662   Posts: 1,481,638   Online: 849

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

FS: Zeiss Trona 6 X 9 cut/plate film shooter's dream outfit

This is such a cool outfit, if I used this sort of film I'd shoot with this camera. But I don't, it's time to find a user. You get:

A Zeiss Trona 212. This 6 X 9 camera is in really nice condition -- very minor wear, just cosmetic rubs on the leather. It was owned by a guy who really babied his stuff. When he died his kids kept it stored and finally, years ago, I acquired it. This is the proverbial clean one-owner that only went to church on Sundays, fresh out of a time capsule. Includes Ica ground glass back.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zeiss2.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	209.3 KB 
ID:	68110, Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zeiss1.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	206.3 KB 
ID:	68111

The lens, a Zeiss Tessar 4.5 135mm, is clear and clean, no haze, mold, scratches. Double extension bellows are clean and tight, no cracks, tears, holes, whatever.

Dial set Compur shutter -- the slow speeds are a bit iffy because this camera is virgin, never serviced and not used a lot. They feel as if they are loosening up a bit as I work them. I leave it to you go have it serviced or whatever.

Original 2-compartment case and film pack holder (not shown) -- case is excellent-plus, no broken stitches or anything. This guy took care of his stuff.

In addition to this wonderful camera you get:

-- Three original 760/14 Ica film holders used with this camera, in the original photo lab envelopes they were returned to the customer in after processing. Each has been stored properly, with the dark slide out so the felt doesn't get mashed down. All three are near-mint.

-- The original owner's manual for this camera.

Name:	zeiss3.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	178.7 KB 
ID:	68112

-- An original flash gun for use with this camera -- this is the sort of flash gun that uses flash powder --which I include -- and flash primers -- also included, there are 51 in the box -- to make a huge flash and bang to light your scene.

I DO NOT RECOMMEND USING THESE FLASH ITEMS. THEY BLOW UP. You have been warned.

Name:	zeiss5.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	229.9 KB 
ID:	68113

-- Four original Zeiss filters/accessory lenses, including a yellow filter, No. 2 Proxar, No. 2 Distar (for turning the lens into a telephoto), And a No. 3 Distar. All four are flawless in their original Zeiss individual cases.

Name:	zeiss4.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	198.6 KB 
ID:	68114

All you need is a penny-farthing bicycle and a pair of knickers and you're set to go shoot pictures a la 1927.

I'm asking a pathetic $200 plus $20 shipping in the US for all this, and I'll make a $10 donation to APUG in your name.

Really, you will never see a collection like this in this shape again. Overseas shipping would be actual cost and import duties are your problem. If you are in Utah come to Ogden and pick it up, I'll buy you a beer (Polygamy Porter) in the bargain.

Questions? My email and paypal address are both summicron12000@yahoo.com. I happily take paypal.

thanks
    Charlie Trentelman
    Ogden, Utah

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Interesting. I thought the 212 with 135mm Tessar was a 9x12 camera. Nice kit.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Oh man WOW!

I need to consult my inner self. He really wants this.

This is how I end up with too many cameras...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    PM sent. I cannot resist. I saw something very similar at Tamarkin's Chicago store. It was his show off camera and not for sale!

Shooter
    Multi Format

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post
    Oh man WOW!

I need to consult my inner self. He really wants this.

This is how I end up with too many cameras...
    I am glad you beat me to it for the same reason. What a beautiful-looking camera - enjoy!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Yep - I am happy too, for the same reason as Renato. Totally wonderful dream camera.
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    Interesting. I thought the 212 with 135mm Tessar was a 9x12 camera. Nice kit.
    these cameras are not my specialty and, anyway, from what i can gather around apug the actual sizes were a bit variable.
    the actual image area of the holders and ground glass is halfway between 6 by 9 and 9 by 12, so I guestimated conservatively. 9 by 12 is almost 4 by 5 inches, after all. The documents and other stuff with it also refer to 6 by 9 ...

ct
    Last edited by summicron1; 05-01-2013 at 04:06 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    sold and out the door ... VERY glad this is going to someone who will appreciate it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think 6.5x9 would be more usual than 6x9, but a 135mm lens on either size is odd---that lens would typically mean 9x12. The "/14" suffix on the filmholders should indicate the format; I looked in a 1931 Zeiss catalog and it seems that "/14" means 5x7.5 cm---for which an even shorter lens would seem apt!

In that catalog, the Trona was numbered 214 and available only in 6.5x9 (214/3) and 9x12 (214/7); a 1928 English-language catalog shows it in 3 1/4x4 1/4" only, with a 135mm lens, but doesn't mention the model number.

Beats me exactly what you've got here, but it's a gorgeous camera.

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

Shooter
    Multi Format
    When I get it, I will cut something to fit. Kind of interesting not to know, although the bigger the better. I will check and report.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin