Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,956   Posts: 1,586,038   Online: 786

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images

FS: Nikon Nikkor 85 mm 1/1.4 Ais (manual Focus) in new condition

I have a 85 mm 1.4 Ais manual focus lens (#199293) as good as new. A very nice piece of Nikon glass. I bought it several years ago but never used it, since I'm more a wide angle guy and don't like making portraits. I'm going through my lenses right now and will sell some shortly to get some money for new equipment. This lens will have to go as well.

The glass is excellent, also the body. No oil leaks, no scratches, no fungus. I wonder if this lens if ever used at all. Comes with original front and back cover.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nikon-85-mm-1.4-AIS_8062.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	231.7 KB 
ID:	68366Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nikon-85-mm-1.4-AIS_8063.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	148.9 KB 
ID:	68367Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nikon-85-mm-1.4-AIS_8061.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	256.9 KB 
ID:	68368Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nikon-85-mm-1.4-AIS_8064.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	256.1 KB 
ID:	68369Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nikon-85-mm-1.4-AIS_8065.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	145.9 KB 
ID:	68370Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nikon-85-mm-1.4-AIS_8066.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	122.5 KB 
ID:	68371

Since I never used it, I can't tell you what this kind of lenses is capable of on a MF Nikon camera loaded with B&W film. To make sure the aperture rings work properly, I tried it on my Digital Nikon D200 (I didn't say that out loud, did I??). As a small and very unprofessional test, I made one simple shot indoors of an old (but still working) Nikon F body lying around and a quick one in my garden. These images came straight out of the camera - no Photoshop tinkering added (only resized for internet).

Name:	DSC_8073-small.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	926.2 KB 
ID:	68373Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_8039-small.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	307.4 KB 
ID:	68372

I'll put it up for sale here first at APUG. My asking price is Euro 475 + shipping. This is about USD 625 + shipping. An extra donation to APUG is on my account.
    Let me know if you're interested and what offer you want to make me, before I put it up for sale on that e***.com site. Shipping will be from The Netherlands, Europe. Shipping rates are Euro 20 within Europe and Euro 25 worldwide. Payment in Europe please bank transfer using IBAN/BIC code (avoiding Paypal costs). Rest of the world Paypal possible. Shipping + Paypal costs for buyer. Sold AS IS since I'm not a store or dealer.

If you have any questions please email me: gemeentehuis [AD] gmail com
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Nikon S2, Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T, Nikon F4s, Olympus Pen FT, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras.

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Some extra info about the lens (as requested off line).

I have only the lens and the 2 lens caps. No box, no papers, no lens hood.

I think this lens is mechanically like new.The focusing ring runs smoothly and the aperture ring also and clicks nicely at every stop. If you keep the lens into a bright light an open the aperture full, you can see some small dust inside the lens. But this won't affect the lens functioning well. I tried to make a photo of it but it is hardly noticeable and the image only showed dust on my own sensor (needs a clean).

I believe it will work well at portrait shoots. My daughter wouldn't sit as a model but allowed me to photograph her from behind. I include the image for you all to see/check. It was made with my digital Nikon D200 rather fast (didn't check for white balance, etc.) out of hand at f1:4. This file came straight out of the camera, no Photoshop added in any way (no color corrections, no filters, no sharpening, ...). I only resized from 300 dpi to 150 dpi to reduce the file size of the image for internet. Not a very good shot maybe, but it will give you an idea.

Name:	DSC_8059-150-dpi.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	302.3 KB 
ID:	68390

Shipping charges are for registered mail with insurance up to Euro 500.

If there are any further questions please let me know.
    Bert from Holland

* My favorite cameras: Nikon S2, Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T, Nikon F4s, Olympus Pen FT, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras.

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Sold (outside the forum) and on its way to Portugal.
    Bert from Holland

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin