Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,269   Posts: 1,534,367   Online: 871

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Polaroid 110b Conversion - 4x5 Rangefinder w/Rodenstock Lens (Lower Price)

Folks -
    I'm selling a Polaroid 110b conversion camera - essentially a 4x5 Leica (not a bad analogy considering the flawless Rodenstock lens on this one).
    It's been converted to have a ground glass back and take regular 4x5 film holders. Excellent condition - paint unchipped, lens is flawless and dust/grease free. One nice design element is that the lens cap is a built-in pinhole, so you can make LF pinhole photographs, too.

Included is 2 film holders, an original Polaroid neutral-density filter, a CD with instructions on adjusting the rangefinder (if the need arises in future), original camera instruction manual and it all comes with an original (quite good condition) spiffy leather case.
    The rangefinder is accurate and bright & clear - the camera is overall in marvellous condition. I can also include an unopened (and expired but always refridgerated) box of Ilford FP4+ so you basically are ready to go.

I'm asking $800 plus shipping for this. Cheque, bank draft or money order GREATLY preferred. I'd be happy to answer any questions - please PM me or email at colin (dot) corneau at gee mail, dot com.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 130509_13_CC.JPG   130509_10_CC.JPG   130509_09_CC.JPG   130509_07_CC.JPG   130509_14_CC.JPG  

"Never criticize someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes. That way, you're a mile away and you've got their shoes."

MY BLOG - www.reservedatalltimes.com
    YOU SHOULD LOOK AT THIS SITE - www.colincorneau.com
    INSTAGRAM: colincorneau

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have this exact setup and paid about that price but with no holders, film or case. It's practically a 4x5 point and shoot. I use it successfully with some roll film backs too. Lens is an awesome performer. Good luck with the sale.
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    35mm

You need to show a photo of the back

I would like to know what kind of 4x5 back is attached. thanks ---john.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Exactly jbrubaker. I was wondering who did the conversion as well, that information would certainly effect what I'd be willing to pay for the camera.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I am told, based on the photos I've provided, that this particular model is from Alpenhause Kamera Werke, Santa Paula, California.

All I know is that it's in mint shape. I hope that helps.
    "Never criticize someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes. That way, you're a mile away and you've got their shoes."

Ari

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Steve at Alpenhause makes excellent Polaroid conversions, and he goes to great lengths to ensure that the rangefinder is perfectly aligned.
    Good price for such a fine camera.

Shooter
    35mm
    Still need a pic of the back.

Shooter
    35mm
    Kinda like selling a hot rod without a pic under the hood.
    The camera is the most incidental element of photography.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	130509_08_CC.JPG 
Views:	37 
Size:	122.1 KB 
ID:	70379

I trust this should answer any questions about the back -- it takes standard 4x5 film holders, and is as mint as the rest of the camera.

For anyone going to Photostock this week, I'll be there with it.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin