Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,930   Posts: 1,585,360   Online: 1071

Shooter
    Multi Format

FS: Ilex and Goerz Process (Graphic Arts) Lenses in Barrels

Process (Graphic Arts) Lenses in Barrels

THREE ILEX 15" (375mm) f/9:
    #1859 -- $85
    #1755 -- $65
    #1891 -- $45

Goerz Opt. Co./Kenro 8-1/4" (210mm) Graphic Dagor -- $65

I NEED TO CLEAR THESE LENSES OUT. So if you wish to make an offer, do it!

Please Note: I wait for PayPal to clear to my bank account before shipping, which takes about 3 days. Then I'll email you with delivery confirmation number (Priority Mail).

These lenses are great for either enlarging or shooting on the camera. Back in the day they were built to far tighter specs than view camera or enlarging lenses for the printing trades, are apochromatic, and hold their own today.

I'm just picturing one of the Ilex 15" lenses; they all look the same. The condition of the coated glass is the only difference. Ilex lenses were an industry standard in US print and graphics shops back in the day and they're brilliant performers. The 15" covers 8x10 with lots of movements. f/stops from f/9 to f/64, all apertures are smooth functioning, and the flange/retaining ring is built onto the barrel so it'll never get lost. Needs about 1-7/8" (48mm or so) hole for mounting on board.

#1755 has pretty nice glass with a few cleaning marks on the front element and a little bit of mottling of the coating, probably from airborne chemicals in the print shop environment. All in all, a very nice shooter.

#1891 has lots of tiny micro-cleaning marks on the front element but great coating. Rear element is pretty nice. Use a lens shade or dark slide to shade the lens when shooting and it'll perform well. It's a good deal for the price.

#1859 has really nice glass with just a few cleaning marks on the front element and hardly any coating flaws. Rear element is really nice.

The Goerz Optical Co. made this process Dagor for Kenro to mount on their process/graphic arts cameras. It's coated, smooth working aperture, and has marked apertures from f/6.8 to f/45. The glass is in pretty nice shape with the exception of a fine scratch on the rear element about 4mm in from the edge, about 4mm long, running roughly parallel with the edge of the glass, which overall is about 30mm in diameter. It should cover about as much as, maybe a little bit less than, a regular Dagor, with a bit more contrast because of the coating.

Shooter
    35mm
    I'm interested in the Dagor. What's the coverage like?
    The camera is the most incidental element of photography.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't know offhand what the coverage for the Dagor is, but it'll certainly cover 5x7 with lots of movements. It's pending a sale though; I'll keep your name on hand just in case.

ALSO, Pending for Ilex #1859; will indicate if/when actually sold.

Shooter
    35mm
    Dang. Well, thanks anyway.
    The camera is the most incidental element of photography.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Process Dagor has been sold.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I used to have one of those process Dagors, came from an 18x24 Kenro process camera. Wish I still had it.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ilex #1891 has been sold.

Still have Ilex #1755, which is my last one (except for another one that I'm keeping...).

Shooter
    Medium Format
    PM sent regarding sale of #1755

Shooter
    Multi Format
    ALL SOLD

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin