Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,849   Posts: 1,582,829   Online: 691

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Bump! $150 + S/H and it's yours! The adapter kits go for $100+ on eBay, so this is a deal!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I thought $200 was a super deal for this kit. If I werent camera heavy(and cash poor) I'd grab it up.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Medium Format

It's a STEAL!

Quote Originally Posted by Rick A View Post
    I thought $200 was a super deal for this kit. If I werent camera heavy(and cash poor) I'd grab it up.
    Yeah, I'm really surprised someone hasn't picked it up yet! Add a new skin for about $20 and it would be a very cool addition to one's gear!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Do you know if the Yashikor lens is a three or four element? From what I have read, Yashica did make a few four element Yashikor lenses.

Thanks.

Chris

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Yashikor are 3 elements and the Yashinon are 4 element I believe, I have the info saved somewhere just can not find it. I have the A model which I like a lot and wish I could afford this one, the 635 has been on my wish list for a long time.

David
    “Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.”
    ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There are many Yasikor lenses that are 4 element, Yashica switched some where in the middle of the production without renaming them. They later switched design slightly and renamed the lenses as Yashinons. I have owned Yashica D's with all three variants and after stopping down a couple of steps, are almost undistinguishable between them. I have also had the LM modle with a 4 element Yashikor and it was a good performer.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by desertratt View Post
    The 35mm adapter seems to be a Rolleikin, made by Rolleiflex. I had one in the 1950s and it worked very well. It produced 35mm in a "portrait" mode and of course I could sync with strobe a 1/500 sec. which most 35mm cameras could not do at the time.
    You are probably right. I don't know where I got it (some box lot at an auction, most likely), but it worked in the 635! Lucky for me! I would have hated trying to find the Yashica spool just to complete the kit!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just goes to show how closely copied the Japanese cameras were to the original German ones.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Bump!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Bump!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin