Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,472   Posts: 1,570,954   Online: 707

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Large Format
    Keep it coming! At least this is keeping me from feeling that I've listed a dud. I would prefer to sell the whole lot, so if someone does want the entire kit there is room for negotiation regarding the original listing price. But I do appreciate the feedback. I was starting to wonder if I had badly miscalculated the value and desirability of this set.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I don't think you have at all. 8x10s are kinda funny things to sell. They either sell extremely high, or extremely low, at least around here. That's a great, great setup and I really could use it. But, as any seller/buyer knows, it's all about timing.
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by at680 View Post
    I was starting to wonder if I had badly miscalculated the value and desirability of this set.
    Definitely not on both counts. The timing prevents me from getting this, but I have no doubts that someone will pick it up.

Shooter
    Large Format
    ...I also have a Symmar convertible 300mm f/5.6 // 500mm f/12 lens, in a mint Copal 3 shutter (with the correct aperture scale) that I could be persuaded to include with the complete kit for $2000. It would come mounted on one of the two #3 boards in the listing. This lens has a bit of haze which is characteristic of these lenses as they age. It still shoots well though (very well in fact) and the shutter was fully CLA'd last year and is in like-new condition. The haze it not fungus but the result of "off gassing" of the barrel paint inside. It can be cleaned by dis-assembling the lens groups but I never felt the need to do so.

Shooter
    Large Format
    The bellows and rail on this camera have more than enough draw to use the converted 500mm focal length even when you factor in the nodal point moving back a few inches.

Shooter
    Large Format
    The entire kit is SOLD - thanks!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    congrats on your sale! if payment falls through or any other difficulties arise and the transaction doesn't go through, please contact me, as i would also like to have purchased this set up! timing, timing...!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Thanks...it has all been confirmed. Sorry you didn't get it. Shipping to Japan would have been a killer though. I hope you find another kit!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin