Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,752   Posts: 1,515,869   Online: 1013

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format

*VERY* complete Toyo 810G 8x10 portable kit with case/tripod/boards/reducing plate

I'm selling a Toyo 810G monorail in top condition, located in the west end of Toronto, Ontario. The body, bellows and ground glass are like they haven’t been used. I've made some improvements to the kit that makes it way easier to use than your average 810G. Specifically, I have created a 150mm storage rail since the original 150mm rails are nearly impossible to find. I had a 250mm rail cut down and a stopper put at one end. This camera collapses to be flat, with the standards touching, and never has to come off the rail. This means that you can throw it into a backpack and configure it in the field. But unless you are hiking with it this may not be necessary, as the camera includes a new HPRC 2700W rolling case with foam that has been customized for the camera and its rails & mounting block. You can see the specs for this case on the B&H website. It is almost indestructible and has a telescoping handle and wheels. You can go nearly anywhere with this, including flying with it, without having to worry about the camera. The case includes a desiccant box that is infinitely re-useable (just dry in the oven if the beads change color).

In addition to the storage rail, the camera comes with 2 x 250mm rails and 1 x 500mm rail. The rails are in fine shape but show use (only cosmetically). To use the camera you attach one or another of the rails to the storage rail and then just pull the standards apart. The rails screw together with integrated center bolts. With the different rails included you can configure lengths of 250mm, 400mm, 500mm, 650mm, 750mm or 1000mm. If you need longer than that you can get more Toyo 39mm rails fairly inexpensively on ebay or keh. The bellows are like mint and it comes with the original very bright ground glass, and the original green masonite ground glass protector. It also comes with the mounting clamp with a Manfrotto hex plate securely attached. The plate is the "architectural" type with the special bracket that squares it to one edge of the mounting block. The result is that the hex plate cannot rotate - this is important when you have a camera whose long rails and weight give you this much leverage. It also comes with an original Toyo View (158mm square) to Toyo Field (110mm square) lens board adapter and three Toyo field lens boards ( 2 x #3 and 1 x 49mm that fits the Seiko shutters from the older Fujinon lenses, most of which have image circles that cover 8x10). Note that in one of the photos the camera is shown with a Linhof to Toyo View adapter – this adapter is NOT included – only the Toyo Field to Toyo View adapter is included.

It also includes the 4x5 reducing plate, like new and still in its box. This mounts to the back in place of the 8x10 spring back and has the receiving hardware to accept a 4x5 spring back from any Toyo 45A, 45C, or 45G camera. The 4x5 spring back isn't included, but if you buy my 45A (see my other posting) or have your own Toyo 45 camera you can swap the back to the 8x10 if you need to do macro or telephoto work and your 4x5 doesn't have enough draw. This also lets you take advantage of the superior movements of the 810G for critical work if your other Toyo is a field model.

The 8x10 also includes 2 x wooden holders in great shape, and a *very* sturdy tripod and head. The tripod is the Manfrotto 075 with adjustable spreaders and incredible range in terms of height. It has a non-slip-back geared center column and is in great condition. It includes the original clip-on wrench that lets you keep the cam bolts snug in the field. I have taken very good care of this tripod. The head is the Manfrotto 229 heavy-duty three-way head with the hex plate clamp. It was bought new last year and is in like-new condition. This is the tripod and head setup that you need with a camera like this.

Price is $1750 (plus shipping and pp if used) in Canadian dollars, payable by cash (locally), certified cheque (on Canadian bank), US Postal Money Order, or Paypal (add 3%). If it is to be shipped it will go in three packages via Canada Post (fully insured), and will come to $150 for Canada (unless you are in a truly remote location, in which case it may be a bit more) or $220 for CONUS.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_8932.jpg   IMG_8933.jpg   IMG_8939.jpg   IMG_8940.jpg   IMG_8942.jpg  

IMG_8944.jpg   IMG_8945.jpg   IMG_8946.jpg   IMG_8967.jpg   IMG_8951.jpg  

IMG_8952.jpg   IMG_8955.jpg   IMG_8957.jpg   IMG_8960.jpg   IMG_8963.jpg  

Certainly a beautiful kit with a clever modification. What is the weight of the collapsed camera and rails? Ditto regarding the weight of the tripod and head?

Elliot

Shooter
    Large Format
    Hi Elliot...thanks for the feedback! The camera itself (on the short rail) comes to 20 lbs (19.6 lbs being the camera!). In the HPRC case with the rails and mounting block it is 40 lbs altogether. But remember that it rolls very well. Cold comfort if you are in back country, but if that is the case you would want to put the camera and rails into a lightweight backpack. The 250mm rails is just under a pound and the 500mm rail is double that. So if you were backpacking with it the payload of the camera and the rails would be about 24 - 25 lbs. Heavy, but remember that this a super-super-duper solid and versatile camera and the cost of that functionality over a wooden model is some extra weight. But the 150mm storage rail makes it realistic to use it out of a backpack...without that it is fairly unwieldy since you would have to take it off the rails altogether to pack it.

The tripod and head together weigh just under 14 lbs. I usually store and carry the set together (with the head on but the levers removed and kept in a pencil case) in a Manfrotto LBAG110. It fits perfectly with room for 2 1004BAC stands as well. The bag isn't included but I wanted to give you an idea of its portability.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Terry

Shooter
    Large Format
    On second thought I'd be happy to include the LBAG110 (http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...ick_Stack.html) for an extra $50, if that helps.

Terry...with lots of respect for your strength and endurance, that is one heavy kit for a photographer going into the field!!! For one in the over 70 age group pulling the wagon would be the only possible way to carry on...but then lifting the camera onto the tripod!!! Piece of cake for younger colleagues.....:}

Nevertheless, a truly beautiful piece of work with a modification that allows on to consider taking the kit out into the air.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Serious offers will be given serious consideration!

Shooter
    Large Format
    UPDATE - I will be traveling to Fargo, ND from May 31 - June 2 and could possibly ship this camera from within the US if that would help. Shipping may not be much cheaper but it would avoid customs hassles.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I'm getting the sense that even smaller packages of this stuff might be more appealing. So I am offering to take the tripod out of the equation, lower the price, and sell what will fit into the case so it can all ship on one waybill. Here is a new offer:

Toyo 810G w/ground glass protector
    Storage rail + extension rails
    HPRC case
    Toyo Field to Toyo View adapter
    3 x Toyo Field lensboards
    4x5 reducing plate

All of the above for $1000 + shipping as required. Shipping will be $100 to US or $75 to Canada by post office, fully insured. This is based on the 4x5 reducing plate getting packed into the case flat, above the foam, and the box either not included or flattened and tucked into the case.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Ahh this listing is killing me. I JUST bought an 8x10 monorail or I would be all over it. Somebody buy it!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    ...trust me, if it wasn't for recent unexpected expenses, this would be sold. My GF is begging for an 8x10
    K.S. Klain

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin