Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,702   Posts: 1,548,443   Online: 1008

Regina Canada (sounds more fun than it is)
    Shooter
    Medium Format

FS: Mamiya RZ, 3 backs, 3 lenses

Up for sale is my Mamiya RZ Pro camera, waist level finder, with a RZ 90mm, a RB 65mm and and RB 180mm (please note this is an RZ, not an RZii). Glass on all lenses is immaculate with no scratches, marks or defects. There are also four backs: 2-6x7's, a 6x6 which can be used as with 120 or 220 film and a polaroid back. Includes power winder (not pictured), covers for backs and the original boxes for the camera, 2 backs and winder. Lens have original rear covers but I didn't like the Mamiya front caps, so I bought Nikon front caps which work fine. All three backs have the metal dark slides.

Camera last had a CLA five years ago (no, I don't still have the receipt) but I do not have any problems with it. I am the second owner and the camera has been regularly used for the last couple of years as my primary hobby camera. One of the 6x7 backs only works in the portrait position but the other two have no problems; other than that, I don't have any issues which are not user-generated. Shutters are accurate and apertures on all lenses are smooth and snappy. I can provide more pictures if you want.

Reason for selling: I have a co-worker who has a large number of Rolleiflexes he is wanting to sell and I want to fund the purchase of a pair of them. As much as I like the Mamiya, I enjoy using TLR's more. In addition, my 5x7 is getting a lot more use.

Asking $800 including shipping to North America; open to reasonable offers. Overseas available for the extra shipping cost but beware, it is close to 20lbs. PayPal preferred but we can talk about that; I will pay the fees. Shipping must be by tracked and insured post and the price accurately marked on forms. Buyer has the 7-day option of returning but pays all shipping/fees. Percentage to APUG.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RZ90.JPG   RZ1.JPG   RZ65.JPG   RZ180.JPG  
    Once a photographer is convinced that the camera can lie and that, strictly speaking, the vast majority of photographs are "camera lies," inasmuch as they tell only part of a story or tell it in a distorted form, half the battle is won. Once he has conceded that photography is not a "naturalistic" medium of rendition and that striving for "naturalism" in a photograph is futile, he can turn his attention to using a camera to make more effective pictures.

Andreas Feininger

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi Kevin. Message sent.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Am I right to think that those two RB lenses won't mount and function on the RZ67?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mweintraub View Post
    Am I right to think that those two RB lenses won't mount and function on the RZ67?
    No, they work fine. On RZ lenses, you set the aperture on the lens and shutter speed on the body; on RB lenses, you set both aperture and shutter speed on the lens. Fully compatible, works fine but slightly different.
    Once a photographer is convinced that the camera can lie and that, strictly speaking, the vast majority of photographs are "camera lies," inasmuch as they tell only part of a story or tell it in a distorted form, half the battle is won. Once he has conceded that photography is not a "naturalistic" medium of rendition and that striving for "naturalism" in a photograph is futile, he can turn his attention to using a camera to make more effective pictures.

Andreas Feininger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It works fine, a bit different but everything works. But RZ lens cant work properly in RB.
    Oh man, I want 6x6 back.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Couple of requests for pictures of the body. You will note that there is electricians tape on the back - something my first MF instructor got me to do, always have since. While I have not had problems with light leaks, the tape ensures I continue to have no problems as it covers the most likely light leak spots.

There is also I shot I took with it and the 65mm.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RZside1.JPG   RZside2.JPG   RZfront.JPG   RZbottom.JPG   Water-Pump-web.jpg  

Andreas Feininger

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Sold pending payment.

Andreas Feininger

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin