Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,277   Posts: 1,534,814   Online: 853

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Nikon FM, 1977, a modern classic

Manual Nikon 35mm SLR, 1977, a modern classic
    Excellent operating condition.
    Above average cosmetic condition for a 36-year old camera

$69 + $12 postage
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Nikon FM.jpg   Nikon FM .jpg  

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    After carefully examining this FM, I should add that the back door light seal needs to be replaced and the cosmetic condition is average, not above average.
    Price reduced:
    $59 + $12 postage

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I love mine. I've got the "first generation" (serial 2xxxxx series). Matter of fact, I just shot a roll through it this past weekend with the 28mm.

Great little camera! And paired with the MD-12 it makes a GREAT weapon!

Shooter
    35mm
    Well, what the hey, brothers and sisters. Sales of 35mm gear on ye olde APUG seem to be oddly in the doldrums, so let's try to liven things up a bit. Here's a deal that hopefully you'll like. Before I tell you more, please understand Karl had no idea I was going to do this because he and I haven't corresponded in a while. Here's the deal: Buy this camera and after you've done that send me an email (jon_goodman@yahoo.com). Give me your mailing address and I'll give you mine and as soon as possible I'll send you a light seal kit for the FM. At your convenience you can mail me a $5 bill...that being 1/2 of the normal cost of the FM seal kit. No matter where you live, I'll do this. Yes, even if you live in someplace like Irkutsk Oblast or Tanganyika or Walla Walla, Washington...I'll still send the kit.

Once you receive the camera and seal kit, you can spend an interesting (and I think rewarding) evening correcting the most common problem any camera will suffer and learning or perfecting a new skill. By the way, this is not a difficult camera to re-seal and should you later decide the FM isn't for you, I believe you should be able to sell it for at least what you've paid and most likely a bit more.
    Jon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wow, if I did not already have an FM2, I'd be all over this!
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Goodman View Post
    Well, what the hey, brothers and sisters. Sales of 35mm gear on ye olde APUG seem to be oddly in the doldrums, so let's try to liven things up a bit. Here's a deal that hopefully you'll like. Before I tell you more, please understand Karl had no idea I was going to do this because he and I haven't corresponded in a while. Here's the deal: Buy this camera and after you've done that send me an email (jon_goodman@yahoo.com). Give me your mailing address and I'll give you mine and as soon as possible I'll send you a light seal kit for the FM. At your convenience you can mail me a $5 bill...that being 1/2 of the normal cost of the FM seal kit. No matter where you live, I'll do this. Yes, even if you live in someplace like Irkutsk Oblast or Tanganyika or Walla Walla, Washington...I'll still send the kit.

Once you receive the camera and seal kit, you can spend an interesting (and I think rewarding) evening correcting the most common problem any camera will suffer and learning or perfecting a new skill. By the way, this is not a difficult camera to re-seal and should you later decide the FM isn't for you, I believe you should be able to sell it for at least what you've paid and most likely a bit more.
    Jon
    Jon:
    I'm having my first cup of Sunday morning coffee and have just read out loud your post to my very significant other.
    Until now, she thought that I and all the other APUG folks were slightly off their collective rockers.
    Now, she is certain that we all share some sort of genetic disorder.
    Seriously, thanks for your generosity.
    It's always fun to read your posts.
    Karl

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Karl K View Post
    Jon:
    Now, she is certain that we all share some sort of genetic disorder.
    Karl
    Hmmm, well you know creative people are often labeled crazy. Until they die, that is. And then a backwards look occasionally leads people to decide they weren't so much crazy as they were an innovative genius. Or maybe just a high functioning idiot who got lucky at something. And it has always made me wonder "are crazy people creative or are creative people crazy?" Entertainers seem to be largely exempt. Their charisma or charm propels them ahead, but you don't have to look very hard to see a surprisingly bright beam of insanity trying to slip through the slats their publicist does his very best to keep closed. But anyway, I think we'd agree that a creative crazy person is at least more fun to be around than a dangerous crazy person. I mean with the former you're always on the edge and wondering what he/she is going to say or do next, aren't you? Kind of like a constant "little Johnny joke" and you're always smiling because you can't wait for the punchline. So it brings us back to the matter at hand...the Nikon FM and why I'm writing about this stuff rather than addressing an envelope for a seal kit. Hopefully I'll be doing that later on today. Now I'm on my way to church.
    Jon

Shooter
    35mm
    I love FMs and FM2s. I have decided this is my favorite (should probably limit that to Nikon, since I never owned anything else) 35mm SLR. This sounds like a great deal for someone.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Sale pending to J. P.

Thanks, everyone.

Shooter
    35mm
    That's great news, Karl. I'll be waiting to hear from J. P. once the deal is done.
    Jon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin