Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,688   Posts: 1,548,664   Online: 1215

Shooter
    35mm

Minolta Special just for APUG participants!

Folks, it is May 20th and there's really no denying summer is on the way. And what does summer mean for many fortunate people? Well, it means vacation. And vacation means taking pictures of the family doing all kinds of fun things and seeing new sights and possibly even visiting relatives. So you're going to need to get your 35mm camera ready, aren't you? I think so. I hope none of you family guys are considering taking a vacation without your 35mm camera, are you? If the answer is yes, please accept this message as an emergency invitation to join my support group. It is made up of older guys and gals like me...guys and gals who remember the painful and torturous nightmare of having to sit in the back seat (or even worse the rear part of the station wagon) while heavy and clumsy medium format gear rattled incessantly and freely slid from one side of the car to the other, dangerously injuring everything in its path. Those who recall the humiliation and irritation (not to overlook the subsequent melanoma damage) of squinting and sweating, holding a pose in the hot summer sun while pop focused, metered, focused some more, framed, metered again, focused again, checked the distance, focused again, walked back to the car, got a lens hood, focused some more, moved to the left, repeated the entire sequence and finally took a photo (which was seldom that good). Those who remember saying "look dad...there's a red fox. Can we take a picture of it?" Only to hear dad say "son, photography is serious business. We can't be wasting film on something as spontaneous and frivolous as that." What he should have said was "why that fox might be extinct before I could set up my camera and be ready to take a picture of him." That support group.

And with these happy memories in mind, it dawns on me the most important bit of maintenance you can do for your camera is to make sure it is nice and light-tight. Do it in remembrance of and respect for dad's admonition not to waste film. Do it so your kids won't be writing posts on APUG 30, 40 or 50 years from now just like this one. To make it easier and more economical, if you're an APUG participant just send me $8 and I'll send you a seal kit for either your Minolta SRT series SLR or your Minolta X-Series SLR (example XG7, 300, 370, 570 and all in that particular series but not the XE or XD series). This discount kit won't come with instructions, but I'll email those to you in MS Word format so you can do the work from your computer screen or print them as you prefer. That's $8 total, and I'll pay the cost of postage...to anywhere. US residents, please mail check, cash or money order. People in other countries, please contact me for a PayPal address to use. This offer is good while 20 kits last and please limit yourself to 3 kits per person.

What am I going to do with all this money? Before you ask that, please keep in mind the real possibility you may be helping to save the life of a fellow APUG supporter. Who, you ask? Me. Please take a look at the image below. This is a gas grill, and it was installed when our house was built back in the early 1970s. Despite being fairly primitive by today's standards, it isn't a bad grill, but the pipe holding it up rusted through last summer. As you can see, I used a sawhorse to hold it up. Note: the gas line runs up through the pipe. As a retired fellow I have no more life insurance, so it will truly be a sad day for everyone if this thing falls over, explodes in a ball of fire and turns me and the hotdogs into a pile of ashes. (this is an admission that funds from this special deal will go to defray the cost of a replacement grill or if the cost of that is too dear at least a new pipe)

If questions, please ask.
    Jon
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bbq of death.JPG  

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hey Jon, what's the cost for local Dallas XD-11 kit?

Shooter
    35mm
    The Dallas XD-11 I could probably do for the same $8. I might have to surcharge the Ft. Worth kit pretty heavily, on the other hand.
    Please send an email if you want one.
    Jon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Aah, John, your posts make compulsive reading! Good luck with the sale...a man needs a good grill!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin