Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,646   Posts: 1,481,271   Online: 759

Shooter
    35mm

Yashica Electro 35 Special Deal...just for APUG participants...

A couple of people have sent messages asking if I'd forgotten the folks here who use rangefinders. The answer is "no...but I type very slowly." So, in thinking about vacation and the sort of rangefinder I'd want to take with me, one comes to mind: the Yashica Electro 35. And why not? It is one of those nice non-threatening cameras everyone can get comfortable with quickly and one which takes great photos. So let's kill a couple of birds with one stone, shall we? Actually, let's don't do that. Let's leave the birds alone. Let's kill about a million of what are being called "crazy ants" with whatever vicious wicked poison it takes. If you haven't heard about crazy ants, it is sort of hard for me to know where to begin. They're called crazy partly because they refuse to walk in a straight line and partly because they have an affinity to electricity and will swarm into things like solenoids, contactors, junction boxes, fuse or circuit breaker boxes, etc. And then it gets more interesting. Naturally something like a solenoid contactor switching 220 volts will instantly kill something as puny as an ant, right? You betcha. But when an ant is electrocuted, it spews out an odor...a pheremone which causes all the other ants to run over to defend against whatever it was that killed old Charlie there. This often causes a huge ball of dead ants, and this not too infrequently shorts out the whole system. I know it all sounds pretty humorous, but it is true.

But enough of that. Hopefully crazy ants are not your problem. Not yet anyway. Hopefully your problems are limited to things like light seal replacements and "Pad of Death" concerns. And here's where I can help. While 20 of these kits last, send me $8. Please limit yourself to 3 kits. No matter where you live just get $8 per kit in my hand and I'll send you all the seals you need (including the dust seal around the rewind shaft collar) and the Pad of Death and simplified instructions on how to replace it. How simplified, you ask? Well if you can perform vasectomy reversal surgery you should be able to...no, just kidding...you should be able to replace the pad if you're reasonably handy and able to follow instructions. You won't receive printed instructions with this abbreviated (meaning "discounted") kit, but when you ask for a kit, please remember to mention the instructions and I'll email them to you. In fact, when you contact me at jon_goodman@yahoo.com to tell me you need a kit, please give me your mailing address. I'll give you mine in reply and I'll mail your kit straightaway. You can then send payment (via USPS if you're in the USA) or I'll give you a PayPal address to use if you're in another country.

It is that easy. $8 gets you a chance to make your vacation a bit more special by putting your Yashica back on "the dark side" and it allows me to remove the threat of death from my barbeque grill (please see the Minolta Special Deal for more information on this). In addition to the pad of death, you'll get instructions on how to clean your viewfinder and make focusing easier.

Don't wait. There are only 20 kits and each day that I have to use that grill is a day when I could become a crispy critter. It will make my wife much happier, also. I think that bbq grill has been making a few of her boyfriends very nervous.
    Jon

Shooter
    35mm
    Great deal, shame I bought my GTN seals a while back from Mr. Goodman!

Shooter
    35mm
    Sent you an email during the night.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin