Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,000   Posts: 1,524,344   Online: 784

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

The worst Nikon SLR camera

Whenever there's a discussion about Nikon SLR film cameras, the subject of the best and worst Nikons often comes up.
    Most Nikon experts agree that the finest Nikon 35mm SLR is the F2 and all its metered variants.
    The F2 refined some of the features of the classic F: battery in the body, rather than in the meter head; swing-open back; improved motor drive capability, improved metering systems, improved shutter, automatic maximum aperture indexing, etc.

On the other hand, the worst Nikon 35mm SLR, IMHO, is the N70.
    This camera is known for its unusual user interface which uses a combination of function and set buttons along with the thumb wheel to navigate the nestled settings. It is quite different compared to other Nikon SLR's of the same era. The interface is so "unnatural" that I had to read the instruction book before I learned how to properly use all its functions.

But the worst "feature" of the N70 was the non-slip surface material that Nikon applied to the body. In time, most N70 bodies became so sticky that they became comical to use. Nikon applied that same weird material on the N90 and N90S.

So here's the deal: this N70 works perfectly.
    But the back has some of that Nikon stuff remaining.
    I began to thoroughly clean it, but I got tired about 2/3rds along the way.
    The price as it stands is $29.
    If you prefer, I will clean off all the remaining sticky stuff (I use Goo-Gone, made by Magic American Corporation and a lot of elbow grease).
    The completely smooth, non-sticky price is $39.
    The shipping in either case is $10.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1060680.JPG   P1060681.JPG   P1060682.JPG   P1060683.JPG   P1060684.JPG  

P1060685.JPG  
    Last edited by Karl K; 05-25-2013 at 02:17 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Have you ever considered a career in advertising? Just kidding, couldn't resist.
    WYSIWYG - At least that's my goal.

Portfolio-http://apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=25518

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    About the only saving grace is the fact that it can use AI and AIS lenses. That said, since they are so derided and are therefore cheap on the market, combine one with a Series E 50/1.8, leave it on aperture-priority, and use it as an EM with a built-in motor drive and flash. Leave it in the car...

Anyway, GLWS.

-J
    APUG: F4, F3P, F2ASx2, F
    DPUG: D200
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D200), 24/2.8 AI, 35/2 O, 50/1.4 AI, 50/1.8 AF, 50/2 H, 85/1.8 K, 105/4 Micro AIS

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Sold.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin