Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,677   Posts: 1,482,033   Online: 884

Shooter
    35mm

Nikon Aficionados Awaken Thyselves...FS: Nikon F / Nikkormat handbook

What is the proper term? Nikonians? Nikoniaks? Nikonites? Nikes of the Round Table? Well, whatever it is, here's your chance to own the Cooper/Abbott Nikon F / Nikkormat Handbook of Photography. What is it? Well, to be honest I've never read it. What is here is interesting, but it is kind of hodge-podge and I'm positive some chapters/pages are missing. However, here is the good news: that doesn't matter! You heard it here first...at the end of the book are about 30 blank pages. So write your own book. Or fill in the missing parts of this one. Take your pick. Personally I'm positive there would be more money in writing your own book, and if I did that, I'd be inclined to follow in the footsteps of John D. MacDonald (let the Travis McGee series be your guide). You'll need two things: a main character with a catchy name and a good fountain pen. For the main character, try a name like Buck Swanson. For the pen, well...I have no connection to this outfit (except that I buy pens and ink from them), but I think this is inarguably the best fountain pen you can buy for less than $4: http://www.jetpens.com/Platinum-Prep...ck-Ink/pd/1455 The ones with purple ink and green ink are also good, but you have to get on the list as they sell out of them frequently. It is a great color of purple, by the way. Kind of a bright violet. The red is a weak red and I don't suggest it.

Ok, back to this fine book. It is hardbound but trying hard to come unbound as you can see. It could be repaired if you were so inclined. The clips look like stainless, but if so they're magnetic stainless (which is not seen as often today as it was 30 years ago). There is some decent information on lenses of the day and focus screen types are discussed along with photo suggestions, etc. If you want this book (not to overlook the added and enriching opportunity to buy a fountain pen and launch out on a new career), please go right ahead and buy it. $2 plus the cost of postage. PayPal ok for international buyers but check, cash or money order for buyers in the USA.

Jon
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails one3.JPG   one2.JPG   one1.JPG  

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I saw one two of these manuals from the guy I bought my 1.4 50mm the other day. He also had a Nikkormat camera he was willing to sell along with Pentax stuff. It's amazing what manuals have boiled down too these days. Now a PDF file on a CD.

Todd

Shooter
    35mm
    Yes they have boiled down to that. As to whether this is better or worse for the environment, time alone will tell. One negative to owning a book like this on a CD is that you can't go back and fill in those blank pages.

I mentioned writing with a fountain pen for reasons. It is an instrument designed for graceful writing...artistic and personalized writing unique to each user. By all means it is a discipline...the product of practice, desire, willpower and concentration for both the instructor and the student. Important stuff like work and effort. I understand many schools are no longer teaching children to write in cursive and at least 3 States have removed this from their educational requirements. They've decided the student's time can be better spent learning keyboard related skills...like texting. If you live in one of these places, hopefully you already know about this. What do you think? Agree? Disagree?
    Jon

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin