127mm f/4.7 Ektar Lens
in Kodak No. 2 Supermatic / Graphic Shutter
PLUS Extra set Coated Elements
$97.50 or best reasonable offer

This is an uncoated version of the classic Ektar that was standard on Speed and Crown Graphic cameras. The glass is in overall pretty nice shape for its age with some slight bloom, which actually increases image contrast a bit. The front element has a very few cleaning marks.

The shutter works well at all speeds, but occasionally shows signs of wanting to hang a bit at 1 sec. I've found that if I cock and release it at 1 sec. repeatedly, it smooths out, but I think that eventually it's going to need a clean and lube job.

I'm throwing in an extra set of elements that are coated. The glass is really nice but both elements have what I can only describe as smears in the coating; look like smudges, but they won't clean off. I doubt they'll have any effect on the image quality. The front element has a few cleaning marks which should not affect anything; the rear element is clear and clean (except for smudge) with what appears to be a bubble in the glass, off-center. Could be good to shoot some pictures with both sets, see which turn out better.

All in all, this is a really nice working sample of this old classic. The Ektars are a modified Tessar design and renowned for their sharpness. Will certainly cover 9x12cm; at 4x5 it'll probably be a bit soft at the corners.

Shutter has its retaining ring, but no lens caps.

Figure 1-1/2 pounds shipping weight from 90027.

Please Note: I ship as soon as PayPal payments clear to my bank account, which can take 3-4 business days. I'll email you as soon as I've shipped, with any available tracking information.

Pictures: