Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,296   Posts: 1,535,726   Online: 843

Shooter
    35mm

FS: Minolta makeover kit (with an unexpected bonus!)

In the process of working my way through the camera leather box, I've found a few re-covering kits for the Minolta XD-7 or XD-11. As with the others, $8.10 each is all you'll pay...no shipping charges or anything like that.

These are die-cut precision kits designed to replace the leather cover on your XD series camera and have it looking almost as new as Phyllis Diller leaving the plastic surgeon's office. If you have one of these cameras, you already know shrinkage of the original leatherette was a problem. Now you can fix that in a snap and be proud of your SLR's appearance again.

What do I have? Unfortunately I have only:
    2 genuine leather in black
    1 genuine leather in brown...a medium brown with a light but nice grain texture

And then I have two that can only be described as redonkulously bad. Oh the kits themselves are fine. Very precise and excellently done. They were cut from an imitation snakeskin that is...well, doggone it...I'm going to include images so you can see. One is a tan/brown combination and the other (and I wish I had not just had my afternoon meal) is a sort of mauve/purple combination. Just the kind of skin you'd expect to see on a snake in a serious LSD flashback. I know I should charge you several hundred dollars for the mauve/purple one, but I'm not going to. I'm just not that kind of guy. Why several hundred dollars? Well, that's what a really good security system costs...plus the monthly cost of monitoring it. But folks, you won't need any security system with this covering kit. No, you won't. In fact, if you have one, just rip it right out and set it on the curb for bulk trash pickup. I can see a few of you murmuring amongst yourselves and wondering if I'm off my meds again. Well, just re-cover your Minolta using this kit. When you're done, open a window in the front of your house and display this camera prominently so that anyone can see it. Then rest assured no burglar will ever waste the time to break in to your house. Sure...in fact leave your doors unlocked all the time. Why? Well it should be obvious, but a crook will assume if you are proudly displaying this camera, you don't have a single thing worth stealing. Absolutely nothing. So, for these two imitation snakeskin kits, I'll take either $3.10 each or if you want both of them make it $4.10.

PayPal is fine for international buyers, but mail-in payments for folks in the USA please. Questions? I'm all ears.
    Jon
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Minolta XD.jpg  

Shooter
    35mm
    Just an update...the brown leather is still here along with the two tasteful imitation snakeskin models shown above (although by the day's end the top one will be dyed either dark brown or black). The two black ones are sold.
    Jon

Shooter
    35mm

A new look...

I promised a new look for one of the covers. Here is the purple/mauve one dyed chocolate brown. I think you could actually enjoy this one now.
    Take a look...
    Jon
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MinNewLook4.jpg   MinNewLook3.JPG   MinNewLook2.JPG   MinNewLook1.JPG  

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin