Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,303   Posts: 1,536,259   Online: 796

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

FS: Very Rare 1951 Kiev III pre-series rangefinder.

I'm reluctantly selling my 1951 Kiev III pre-series. I bought this camera 6 months ago and have run around 15 films through it. All came out real nice.

The reason for me selling it, is that since I've gotten a Leica M4 I just haven't been using it that much, and I'm a user and not a collector. The camera is beautiful so I'll be sad to see it go.

This camera is super smooth it's by far the best Kiev I've ever used. The shutter is quiet and accurate. The lens is great (there's a tiny bit of balsam separation in the rear group of the lens but it doesn't affect it's performance also there are a few very fine scratches on the front element, but I doubt that they have any effect on performance either). I think it's safe to say that this camera must contain quite a few original zeiss parts. It definately operates as smoothly as the original.

The camera itself has one issue. If you leave it idle for around a day or more and then release the shutter, there's a slight delay before the shutter releases the first time. When you wind the shutter again all is normal. I was originally going to send it for repair, but I found that if I changed shutter speeds (either to a slower or a faster speed) before releasing the shutter for the first time, after the camera had been sitting idle for some time, it resolved the problem. So I've never bothered and just used it as is. I guess that there's a spring that's getting weak somewhere.

Cosmetically the camera shows use. There's some brassing on the wind lever, a small scratch in the chrome next to the light meter (which by the way doesn't work), and a small dent to the left side of the camera. All in all though it looks very nice.

I originally bought the camera CLA'd from the ebay seller cupog.

I would like to get 130 euros plus shipping for this very rare camera.

I ship worldwide and take paypal only. Shipping costs depend on where in the world you are. Please add 3 % to the final costs to help cover the paypal fees.
    Last edited by loman; 06-06-2013 at 10:42 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Please make an offer if you think the price is too steep.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Please someone make me an offer I can't refuse!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin