Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,915   Posts: 1,556,310   Online: 946

Shooter
    Medium Format

FS: NOS Graflex/Busch/Linhof-style Leather Camera Case - $75+S/H

Can't remember where I got this, but it's like a NOS leather camera case for 4" x 5" press cameras, such as the Speed Graphic! The leather is in very good condition, around 85-90%, with most of the original finish intact. It doesn't appear that anything was ever stored inside, as the fabric shows no sign of wear or imprint from weight. There's an area for a closed Graflex/Busch/Linhof 4" x 5" press camera, another for a dozen or so 4" x 5" sheet film holders, straps to hold the flash body (the reflector stores underneath), and a removable box for additional gear. Keys are included, as is a shoulder strap.

There are a few condition issues to address, so I'd recommend taking it to a fine leather shop in your area. The leather needs to be properly conditioned, and there are a few scratches that need repair. The greatest issue is the seam along the top from repeated opening/closing of the lid when the leather was too dry. This area might need a new piece to act as a proper hinge, or the leather treated to be more supple. IMHO, a new piece for a hinge is the way to go.

Asking $75 +actual cost S/H. You won't find one in this condition every day!!!

Front view:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Camera Case front.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	69738

Inside, with compartments labeled:

Name:	Camera Case interior.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	183.8 KB 
ID:	69739

Cracking of leather as it has dried out:

Name:	Camera Case weak point.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	868.8 KB 
ID:	69740

Scratch on back:

Name:	Camera Case left rear.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	905.5 KB 
ID:	69741

Shooter
    Medium Format
    New price! $60 + S/H!

You won't find a case in this condition very often! A little attention by a skilled leather worker, plus regular attention on your part, and it will last a long time!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Bump!

Shooter
    Medium Format

And now with a Busch Pressman Model D 4" x 5" and some film holders!

BUMP!

So, at this point, the case alone is $60 + S/H. However, since I can't remember the last time I used it, I'll add my Busch Pressman Model D 4" x 5", plus three (3) cut film holders, to the deal! The camera is in VF-EF condition, and includes the flash delay plunger (can't recall the proper name at the moment) on the shutter.

I'll post some pix and info about the lens ASAP. Shutter is a bit sticky from lack of use, but a little exercise and body heat should bring it to life, or choose your own shutter/lens combo. The rangefinder is in good working condition, and appears fairly accurate (close to the indicated distances on the camera body).

So, now, asking price for the kit - camera, 3 film holders and vintage carry case - is $250 + S/H, which is what some folks on eBay are asking for the Model C camera alone!

Look for pix Tuesday afternoon!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Busch Model D 4x5 Camera Body.jpg  

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Here are more pix of the camera:

Name:	Busch Model D Front Open.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	683.1 KB 
ID:	71280 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Busch Model D Glass.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	641.5 KB 
ID:	71281 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Busch Model D Lens and Shutter.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	761.6 KB 
ID:	71282 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Busch Model D Flash Mount.jpg 
Size:	577.5 KB 
ID:	71283 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Busch Model D Nameplate.jpg 
Size:	539.5 KB 
ID:	71284 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hugo Meyer Model AR Rangefinder.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	385.6 KB 
ID:	71287

So, again it's a Busch Pressman Model D, with a Wollensak 135mm, f4.7 lens in a Wollensak Rapax shutter. The lens is clean; no sign of mold, mildew or element separation. It has a Hugo Meyer Type AR Rangefinder, which appears to be very accurate. The bellows are light-tight, though it shows some moderate wear on the corners of the folds/pleats.

If you have any questions about the camera, PM me!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin