Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,478   Posts: 1,571,098   Online: 1173

Thread: FS: Mamiya-6

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

FS: Mamiya-6

This is a pre-1950 Mmaiya-6 folding 6x6. It has a coupled range finder, no meter, focusing attained via thumb wheel and moving internal film plane(awesome technology for its day). Has a Zuiko 7.5cm/f3.5 lens, speeds of B-1/500 Seikosha Rapid shutter. Film exposure counter along with a red window on the rear door. Multi exposure capable, also has exposure flag when shot has been taken, and a release lever to advance film(which also resets the exposure flag). Range finder is accurate and easily seen. Has DOF scale coupled to range finder scale on top. There is an accessory shoe, not flash capable(no connection on shutter). There is a crack in the view finder window, does not interfere with view or focus. Comes with original leather case, which is in vg condition considering the age. Bottom of camera is marked with "made in occupied Japan". Leatherette cover is in vg condition.Appearance wise, I would rate this at 8.5-9 out of 10 , function wise it is close to spot on as a new camera.

$175usd plus shipping and insurance, paypal or USPS money order accepted, as always I cover pp fees
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mamiyasix_640x480.jpg   mamiyasix004_640x480.jpg   mamiyasix003_640x480.jpg   mamiya six007_640x480.jpg   mamiya six005_640x480.jpg  

Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Some examples shot with this camera.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mamiya-6_003.jpg   mamiya-6_005.jpg   mamiya-6_006.jpg  
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    this is a wonderful camera!
    i had one for a long while and put about 300 maybe more rolls of film through it.
    probably the best MF camera i have ever owned. and this is a DEAL !

if i wasn't money-poor and camera-rich and responsible for feeding my family, id buy this in a heartbeat, i miss mine!

good luck with your sale rick!

john

ps if/ when traveling and the camera is packed,
    put it in the ever ready case, the wind knob is the achilles heel of this camera ..
    and whatever you do, don't send it to certo 6 for repair, he has no idea
    how to work on this camera ( if you buy this and want the gory details PM ME ),
    zack's ( apug sponsor!! ) works on them and does great work.
    Last edited by jnanian; 06-07-2013 at 07:20 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bump
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    oops wrong thread. Mods please delete.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Still for sale
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Those are fun cameras to use that produce nice negatives! From all the folders of old, these are one of the best! Good luck with your sale!

Curt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just had this little gem appraised by KEH, value in present condition is over a grand. It is no longer for sale.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin