Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,476   Posts: 1,542,646   Online: 827

Shooter
    35mm

FS: Kodachrome stuff...

I thought I had listed these here some time ago, but maybe not. That's ok. Forgetting things is common, isn't it? Please don't worry that I'm coming down with whatshisname's disease or something. It probably isn't the case. The other day I was reading that by the time you reach middle age, the brain is pretty cluttered up with stuff you've crammed into it (the writer said to imagine an overstuffed filing cabinet) and it becomes difficult to make connections now. It is odd what I find myself remembering, too...things like the Kreb's Cycle, the words to the theme song from Gilligan's Island, tunes like "Shirley Shirley Bo Birley, Banana Fanna Fo Firley" or "Chim Chiminey Chim Chiminey Chim Chim Cheree"...I think you get the point. And when I try to pull something important out of my brain, sometimes I find it has assigned top priority to some bit of data like "A Silly Millimeter Longer" or "It's not how long you make it...It's how you make it long" and I have to shove that out of the way to retrieve something like my social security number or my wife's name. But tonight none of that is really important, is it? Nope, what we have here is one bare Kodak film canister (used to hold Kodachrome) and one Kodachrome canister still with its box and the little cloth sack you used to return the film for developing (none of it was ever used), and another common aluminum film canister (with a few small dings in it). All this for $10 total, shipping in the USA included. If you're in another country, please contact me at jon_goodman@yahoo.com and we'll work something out.

Cash, check or money order for US buyers please. PayPal ok for international buyers.
    Jon
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kodachrome.jpg  

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    pm sent

Shooter
    35mm
    Looks like this is sold as of 5:50 AM. Thanks and best regards,
    Jon

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    OK. Best

Shooter
    35mm
    After spending almost 50 years in retail photo stores I couldn't help but notice the price on the box of
    K 135-20 , it was $1.85. The year was probably in the late Fifties and I was being paid $ 00.75 per hr.

Francis in VT

Shooter
    35mm
    Good memory...It was 1958. They were paying you 75 cents an hour then? I think I was being paid 80 cents an hour as late as 1965. Offhand it would argue inflation during that 7 year span must not have been too high.
    Jon

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin