Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,507   Posts: 1,543,536   Online: 1044

Thread: Leica IIIc Body

Shooter
    35mm

Leica IIIc Body

I am selling a Leica IIIc body. This body has a few issues and I am not sure if it is working. The rangefinder patch is very dim (but present). A red or orange filter on the rangefinder window could improve this.

One shutter curtain has lots of wrinkles. I am not sure if the curtains are light-tight, but I'd not bet on it. One the positive side, the finder window is clear and the shutter speeds sound about right at all settings, high or low. Cosmetically the camera has very good leatherette. There appears to be a very fine channel milled onto the back of the top plate that was filled in with a black marker or black paint/ink, perhaps to remove some prior owners engraved number or name.

Priced accordingly, but sold completely AS-IS for considered use, collecting, parts, or repair - no returns!

Price: $135 plus insured shipping
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails leica-iiic-1.JPG   leica-iiic-2.JPG   leica-iiic-3.JPG   leica-iiic-4.JPG  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hey there! I'm interested in the body--but I'm broke and so would want to use it as-is. Could you snap a picture of the curtain showing the wrinkles?

Thanks much!

(PS--can't private message. Please e-mail at isaacottohayes(at)gmail(dot)com)

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin