Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,688   Posts: 1,548,762   Online: 1260

Shooter
    Multi Format

35mm Fixed Lens Rangefinder Blowout!!! Cheap Prices!! Boring stories of why they're g

oing!! (completing the title above. Shows you what I know.)

Ok here's the deal. I buy cameras to relax, sometimes. Well, too much of the time. I sit at work stressed out. I hear something's good, I go on eBay or to a show, I buy one to see if I like it. I shoot it, and then-- rinse and repeat. I have a few keepers, but some just don't engage me the way that they should, even if they work just fine. So if you have been curious about any of these cameras, now's your chance.

I will guarantee 3 things about each of these (unless otherwise noted) 1) They have successfully exposed film at a variety of shutter speeds and f-stops 2) I'm pricing them less than I paid, and 3) I'll tell you why they didn't join my august Camera Hall of Keepers (which contains such gems as the Konica Aiborg, so I'm no snob.).

Consider this sale maybe as an eBay testing service, maybe as a last-ditch attempt to avoid an appearance on "Hoarders". But buy this stuff. Buy it like you've never bought anything before. Buy it for your niece or nephew, your grad, your dad. I just put a new hybrid battery in my aging Prius, if that yields any sympathy purchases. All prices are as-is and INCLUDE USPS Postage (probably Parcel Post or whatever they're calling it now) in the CONUS, and careful packing. I take PayPal, "gift" mode is preferred, and money orders.

Yashica Lynx 1000 and "sophisticated" half case( if I find the other half of the case I'll send it with). Has lever focus, 45mm f/1.8 Yashinon lens, 1/1000 top shutter speed, big clear VF/RF window, nice 1.8 - 22 f-stop range, lens looks clean and clear. Meter doesn't work, "sunny 16" (or "sunny 11-2/3") does; rewind lever return a little sluggish. Fun to use, takes great pics, best of the Lynxes for general use, handles better, great color rendition. But it's too big for my tastes, though some like the heft because it reduces camera shake. I've gotten into interchangeable lens RF's, and don't use it. 30.00 packed and shipped (that's like 15 for postage and 15 for the camera.).

Yashica Lynx 5000. Successor to the 1000, has same lens spec, electronic metering, and top speed of 1/500. Meter is busted, vf/rf is a little hazy but still works fine, lens clears. Has case. Not as much fun as the 1000, but newer, and still too big. 30.00 shipped.

Yashica Lynx 14. Has the cult-followed ultra fast f/1.4 45mm Yashinon. Low light champ. But even huger than the others. Meter is broken here too. VF/RF a little hazy but very usable. Lens clear, takes great pictures. 40.00 shipped

There's a website somewhere that tells you almost everything you need to know about fixing up these Yashicas. I have 2 young kids. I don't have time.

Olympus 35 SP. The spot metering one. Spot meter works well, camera is in good cosmetic shape. 1 issue: Film advance lever does not lock after advance. It advances the film the correct distance after one pull, but is still able to be moved before the exposure is taken . Not a big problem unless you've just put down a Paxette double-stroke camera and picked this one up. It is simple to fix; I found it online and then forgot to bookmark. Everything else works great. I have another one, so this one goes. 60.00 shipped with ugly case.

Konica Auto S3. Super cult followed camera, with legendary 38mm f/1.8 lens. Everybody loves this camera, as do I, but I just don't use it. I actually prefer the one I have that this was supposed to replace, which has a ginked lens so that the left half of the frame is in soft focus. This one has the loose viewfinder glass that almost all of them get, and a couple small dings on top, but it works great. I will tape down the viewfinder glass with easily removable black masking tape before I send it. Comes with lens cap, no case. 90.00 shipped.

Vivitar 35EE. New in Box when I bought it. Comes with case and strap.. I took it out for a test roll, marvelled at the tack-sharp 38mm f/2.8 lens, as sharp as the Konica s3 IMO, and then put it back in the box. Please buy it, it's too good to sit. 35.00 shipped in its box inside another box.

Get some 35 fixed lens in your life! Hope everyone is having a great day!!!
    Last edited by nosmok; 06-24-2013 at 05:09 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Full title didn't fit.

Shooter
    35mm
    PM sent about Lynx 14.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Oly 35 SP and the Lynx 14 are spoken for, pending payment. A nibble on one other. C'mon nibblers and lookers and tire kickers, let's bite.

nosmok

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Lynx 14 and Oly SP are outta here! Let's keep em flying folks!

--nosmok

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    pm sent, vivitar35ee

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Vivitar 35ee is on hold, pending payment.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Vivitar is sold!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Bump! Why not?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin