Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,654   Posts: 1,481,385   Online: 1061

Shooter
    35mm

FS Only if you live in Australia

We've an almost virgin deVere 5x7" enlarger for sale. 3 heads ( dichroic, B&W, point source) 3 lenses, and 6 neg carriers. It's the free-standing floor version. It's dismantled into several boxes. If you know deVere, you'll know why it would cost $400-500 to ship it anywhere around OZ (other than somewhere in Tassie) Also, we'd be happy/prefer to assemble it in someone's darkroom. Speaking of which, it needs a high ceiling - 2.4m is only just enough.

Pix available.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Any chance of a price?

Never seen one of these with a point source head.

Presumably the neg carriers run 135 / 120 (6x645 - 6x6 - 6x7 - 6x9) / 4x5" / 5x7" ?

Lenses? 45mm to 60mm for 135mm, 105mm, 180mm or is it running the 240mm some of them came with????? What brand of lenses, many of these came with Schneider lens kits as there was something like a 15% or around that saving if you purchased the whole lens array with the enlarger. Well in Melbourne that's how it was in the eighties anyway.

I don't remember the 5x7" free standing enlarger being higher than the 4x5" free standing enlarger so it should fit, I think the baseboard size is also the same. I know the 8x10" free standing has a bigger baseboard, just.

Presumably this was used for commercial purposes, or does the virgin bit means it hasn't been used commercially? They don't wear out looks wise, even with fairly heavy use, my 4x5" was hammered in it's commercial life, but it doesn't look it.

Mick.

Not about the camera, but I just wonder why you want to sell it. I was in Tassie last year and It is so beautiful that I thought of staying there for longer time.
    Beautiful place and nice people!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    aussie! aussie! aussie!

Shooter
    35mm
    Hello Mick,
    it began life in a small unit in Sydney Uni, which closed in '93. It was dismantled and moved to our home in SEQ, eventually reassembled, never used, dismantled and brought to Tassie, and not reassembled.

The point light head which gives ultra-sharp images was never used. I'll PM pix etc over the weekend.

Hello Bush, there comes a time when doing ten different things each and every day ( even in Tassie) takes three days instead of one.

Shooter
    35mm
    just out of interest, which small unit did it come from in sydney uni?

Shooter
    35mm
    School of Public Health & Trop med, later known as Comm Inst of Public Health. building A21 I think

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi guys,

Do you still have the enlarger?

Cheers,

Brett

Shooter
    35mm
    This enlarger is now living with its new owner, in Wollongong NSW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi John & Tessa, Who would have shipped it for $400-$500 anywhere in Australia?
    I ask as I've purchased a Durst Laborator G139 that's in Darwin. I need to get it to Newcastle.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin