Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,872   Posts: 1,583,458   Online: 1140

Shooter
    35mm

FS: Refinished Yashica FX-3

I am selling this "restored" Yashica FX-3 35mm SLR camera with a Yashica ML 50mm f/2 lens. This was just a fun project for me, now I want to sell it to someone who will use it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-06-27 14.10.41.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	130.1 KB 
ID:	70813Click image for larger version. 

Name:	top.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	109.8 KB 
ID:	70814Click image for larger version. 

Name:	back.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	152.0 KB 
ID:	70815Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shutterdial.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	127.5 KB 
ID:	70816

These are just cell-phone pics - I don't own a decent digital camera (!). I can supply more pictures if necessary.

There is a little wear on the camera, some brassing and other signs of use. Some of the lettering has rubbed off the lens depth-of-field scale. I replaced the light seals and mirror foam with materials from Jon Goodman, and put on new red leatherette supplied by Aki-Asahi.

This camera works! I put a battery in, and the meter works; it's a close match to my Nikon F3 (batteries not included in sale). The film advance lever seems a little loose, but it is secure and advances fine. The aperture, shutter speed, and focus controls all work fine. I've put some film through the camera and all is well. The camera HAS NOT been CLA'd, however that does not appear to be necessary. The glass is beautiful and I rather like the pictures this little lens makes.

Due to a mistake in my order for leatherette, I had some extra material to play with. This ended up on the focus ring of the 50mm lens. Unfortunately, there was not enough to make a single ring, so there's a place where the pattern changes, and you can also see the two seams quite easily if you look closely. But I couldn't resist having a matching lens.

Okay, I've got $50 into this camera, so that's my asking price, plus shipping anywhere in the continental US. I can do PayPal, money order, well-concealed cash, or a personal check (which has to clear for shipping). Thanks for looking!
    Last edited by rthomas; 06-27-2013 at 02:42 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: correction

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's beautiful. Nice job on the recovering! I already have one or I'd be all over this. Quite a bargain for a camera that's darn near indestructible and a lens that's sharp as a rapier!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    PM sent....

Shooter
    35mm
    Sold, pending payment.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by pstake View Post
    It's beautiful. Nice job on the recovering! I already have one or I'd be all over this. Quite a bargain for a camera that's darn near indestructible and a lens that's sharp as a rapier!
    Thanks. It was fun! And I did enjoy shooting with it, I just can't justify another camera system (already bouncing between Nikon, m42, and Canon EOS using adapters...). The camera looked awful when I got it but it just needed a little love.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rthomas View Post
    Thanks. It was fun! And I did enjoy shooting with it, I just can't justify another camera system (already bouncing between Nikon, m42, and Canon EOS using adapters...). The camera looked awful when I got it but it just needed a little love.
    That body would be worth keeping if only to use one lens out of the Contax system, like either of the 50's or the venerable 85/1.4.
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by rich815 View Post
    That body would be worth keeping if only to use one lens out of the Contax system
    Yes, I know (sigh). Fortunately (?) for me I have no such lenses.

Sold!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin