Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,472   Posts: 1,570,948   Online: 791

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Making KODAK Film by Shanebrook: I will stop shipping books September 30, 2013.

I will stop shipping books September 30, 2013.

If you want one order it NOW.

The book is out-of-print. I have accomplished my goal of documenting and distributing the most thorough and accurate description of modern film manufacturing available. I have sold thousands of books to individuals and institutions in over 42 countries. My thanks to APUG readers for buying many copies of the book.

The price is $29.95 plus shipping etc.

email : makingKODAKfilm@yahoo.com

See ad on APUG or web site is www.makingKODAKfilm.com

Bob Shanebrook
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC_7138Cover101015LRY.jpg  

Shooter
    35mm
    Recommended! I bought a copy a while ago.....Documentation of a legacy that still leaves me teary-eyed, and will be remembered by less of us over time.... Someday (soon) I will use this book to help describe to young people what "film" was "back in the day"

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Recommended by me also!

Marc!
    Marc Morel
    photographie argentique!
    ------------
    http://mrmarcmorel.wordpress.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Come on guys and gals. How many times in the past have all of you spent $30 or more on some piece of photographic paraphernalia that ended up being used only once, or less, then sitting on the shelf for eternity? It's the cost of a UV filter...

...and a whole lot more interesting.

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Highly recommended. Good insight into how complex film really is, and why there will never be another Kodak.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    thanks for the "heads up" and recommendation folks!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Maybe I should get an extra copy. Hmmm.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just ordered my copy!
    Thomas

No art passes our conscience in the way that film does, and goes directly to our feelings, deep down into the dark rooms of our souls.
    — Ingmar Bergman

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This book is fantastic - highly highly recommend!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I purchased the book as a 92nd birthday present for my father. He really likes it.

I think it's great too. I showed it around the Darkroom Group I belong to and, as I understand it, at least two of them also purchased it.

Bob is great to deal with, and the book made its way quickly to me in Canada.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin