Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,222   Posts: 1,532,481   Online: 1077

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Holey bellows Batman! pt 2 Need a cheap Cambo 4x5?

Holey bellows Batman! Need a cheap Cambo 4x5? pt 2

For sale are 6 Cambo/Calumet SC/N - series 4x5 monorail cameras. I bought these with the intention of having 4-5 similar cameras for participants to use during my wetplate collodion workshops. Circumstances have changed my teaching plans and so I am selling the cameras.

Most have bellows that have been patched. With the lightbulb inside, some resembled a planetarium projector and required taping all along their length on all four corners. Some only needed 2-3 pinholes filled with liquid rubber (Dip-It) and then patching with a small piece of black vinyl tape. A couple have no pinholes. I think I found all the pinholes and all the bellows should be light-tight now. But, the patching is a temporary solution and although it has made the cameras functional now, several of these bellows may need replacement after a short while. The pricing reflects the condition of each. The worst is first. These are used cameras. Don't expect them to be a pristine. All are functional but sold as-is.

all pictures of cameras #1 - $5 here

all pictures of cameras #6 and other accessories here

Cambo accessories ad

B&J Orbit monorail view cameras ad

All prices are net to me before shipping. USPS money orders taken as payment or I'll accept a personal check and ship upon clearing. Sorry, no Paypal. While I'm willing to ship internationally, the cost of shipping and method of payment will probably make such a transaction too expensive and difficult to be reasonable.

Lenses and lensboards are not included but I do have some available for purchase.

Camera #4 - $135

This Cambo model utilizes a single lever to lock both shift and swing movements. The shift, swing, tilt, and rise movements are scaled. The bellows had 3 pinholes that have been patched with black Dip-It and covered by a small piece of tape. The camera shows average wear. It has the better revolving Graflok back that locks into any position and accepts numerous accessories like roll film holders, Polaroid backs, or Graphlex Film Pack Adapters for wetplate photography. The groundless is gridded and has a few pencil markings for different formats.

Camera #5 - $135

An older Cambo with non-anodized aluminum standard posts and 21" rail and bellows. Older style locking levers, average wear, and a unique machined 2" x 5" flat mounting plate attached to the regular tripod mount. The bellows has a few crushed stiffeners and only one small patch. The movements are scaled. There are two bubble levels on the rear standard and one up front, all still with fluid after all the years. The camera also has the better revolving Graflok back with gridded groundless. This is a nice antique camera with distinctive look yet it still takes all the modular accessories in the Cambo line.

Camera #6 - $185

My personal 4x5 Cambo, no longer needed since I've recently acquired both 5x7 and 8x10 Cambo cameras with 4x5 reducing backs. (Can you tell I like these Cambo/Calumet cameras?) This one has the top-of-the-line revolving Graflok back with bail. It has a 30" bellows which is in good shape (no patching) and a scaled 21" rail. The rise, shift, swing, and tilt movements are also scaled. (The front tilt scale has a small chip.) The camera has swing movement locks separate from the other movements. Knurled knobs rather than levers lock the movements. There are some slight cosmetic flaws but this camera is in generally good shape with a very nice back and scaled movements. (The lens, sliding Graflok back, extra rail and bag bellows are not included but can be purchased separately.)

Since forum rules limit the length and number of pictures that can be posted in a single ad, please see my other ads for descriptions of the other cameras I have for sale.

Cambo cameras #1 - #3 FS ad

I also have some lens boards that fit these cameras. I'm selling those only with a lens purchase. I have various lenses for sale ranging from inexpensive 135mm Xenars ($115 on a Cambo/Calumet board) to very nice Fujinon NW-series lenses (in the $185-$225 range with lensboards). Let me know what you're after and I might have it.

I also have a few Calumet camera cases available with a camera purchase in various conditions priced accordingly. Let me know if you have an interest in one of those and I'll come up with a price. I also have a pair of non-dedicated instrument cases that could be used to carry these cameras if the foam was modified or replaced. $25 each for those two with a camera purchase.

I've also purchased several Schneider convertible Symmar lenses that fit the same shutter, the original intent again being teaching using similar equipment for each student during workshops. The front and rear element groups of these Plasmat-design lenses can be used separately or together to get 3 different focal lengths from a single lens. I'm cleaning them up and plan to make a few convertible Plasmat sets using the 150mm/180mm/210mm focal length trios for even more versatility with a single shutter. (That's 15 potential focal lengths from the six front and rear element groups of the 3 lenses.) Stay tuned.
    Last edited by smieglitz; 07-03-2013 at 06:18 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: descriptions didn't match pictures on #4 & #5

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Note: The descriptions and pictures for cameras #4 and $5 have been juxtaposed. There is only one camera with the non-anodized rail and standards as described. I've adjusted the pricing for each to match at the lower level of $135. Sorry for any confusion.

Also, the compendium shade shown on camera #6 is not included but can be purchased separately for $150.
    Last edited by smieglitz; 07-04-2013 at 10:58 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Take an additional 10% off the Cambo/Calumet camera prices:

Camera #1 (was $70) new price: $63

Camera #2 (was $115) new price: $103.50

Camera #3 (was $125) new price: $112.50

Camera #4 (was $135) new price: $121.50

Camera #5 (was $135) new price: $121.50

Camera #6 (was $185) new price: $166.50

Above prices net to me before shipping.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Dropping prices to 25% off for the Cambo/Calumet cameras:

Camera #1 was originally $70: $52.50 now

Camera #2 was originally $115: $86.25 now

Camera #3 was originally $125: $93.75 now

Camera #4 was originally $135: $101.25 now

Camera #5 was originally $135: $101.25 now

Camera #6 was originally $185: $138.75 now

Above prices net to me before shipping.

Note: I just noticed the original ad states camera #5 has scaled movements. That is a mistake. It does not have scales.
    Last edited by smieglitz; 07-15-2013 at 01:49 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    All of the cameras still available.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin