Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,978   Posts: 1,523,694   Online: 1113

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

B&J Orbit 4x5 cameras FS

I have two functioning Burke and James Orbit cameras with red bellows that I'd like to sell. These are identical in function to the older 4x5 Kodak Master View and later Calumet C-400 series cameras as the dies were passed from Kodak down the line. They are all workhorse cameras that have seen duty in many commercial studios and college photography programs.

Orbit #1 - $40 net

This camera was originally purchased to obtain a few intact red knobs for a second, camera in better overall shape. (See Orbit #2 later in the ad). As a result, this camera has 3 knobs that are missing at least one spoke. All functions remain operational and the bellows is intact without tears or pinholes. The camera lacks a standard lensboard and needs to be cleaned up. There is some corrosion to the metal hardware and paint has chipped off in a few small areas. As with all these similar camera models, there is a lockable, integrated revolving back with bail for easy insertion of standard 4x5 film holders.

Orbit #2 - $150 net

Orbit #2 was originally purchased bundled with a lens and some other items I wanted for another camera. (Those items and lens pictured above are not included in this sale.) The camera came with a couple broken knobs that were replaced with parts from the previously described Orbit 4x5. (The replacement knobs are slightly smaller - a fact that probably wouldn't be noticed unless pointed out or handled during their replacement.) This camera exhibits minor wear and paint chipping and there is also some pitting on the shiny chrome hardware. It has a nice bellows and even has an intact red bubble level on the rear box. Ditto on the revolving bail back. It has a lensboard that has been painted red and drilled for a #1 shutter.

Or, buy both Orbit cameras for $170 net.

Some Cambo/Calumet 4x5 monorails for sale in these ads:

Cambo ad #1

Cambo ad #2

Cambo accessories ad

Shooter
    35mm
    PM sent for #1

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Both cameras still available.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    bump

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    OK. Did you know others are offering similar cameras on Ebay for $3,899? Of course that one doesn't have the fancy red bubble level that mine does, but it does have a 210mm f/5.6 convertible Symmar lens. I could set you up with one of those in shutter for around $160 additional and throw in some film holders too.

$3,899 vs $310 ? Seems like a no-brainer to me.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    PM Sent on the fourty dollar wonder ;-)

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    The $40 ORBIT has been sold. The nicer one is still available.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Now selling the better Orbit @ 25% off original listing:

$112.50 net to me before shipping.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    The nicer one is still available.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin