Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,955   Posts: 1,586,013   Online: 677

dpn
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

FS: Canonet GIII QL17 w/ Contrast Mod - Beautiful and Ready to Use!

Here is an awesome Canonet GIII QL17 that I purchased from APUG subscriber Jon Goodman last January. Here's his original description, which was spot-on:

Here is a very nice Canonet GIII which has been cleaned and re-sealed, which has had the viewfinder cleaned, the rangefinder adjusted (vertically and horizontally) and which is working just as it should in all aspects. It comes with the original Canon cap. The shutter and aperture are both working crisply, the meter seems accurate, battery check works, the lens elements show a bit of internal dust but no fungus nor mold at all, the self-timer works (which is rare), and from all indications the Canolite flash adjustment will work (which is very rare). Focus is smooth, cocking is smooth...and I'll include a battery adapter which will allow you to use common #675 hearing aid batteries (so that you'll not have to worry about Wein cells or other less desirable alternatives--a $14 value). And you can use this adapter in any of your other cameras using the old PX-13 or PX-625 battery. Some might describe this as mint or minty. I'd give it about a 9 on a scale of 10.
    I installed the rangefinder contrast mod described here using a Rosco 1/4 blue gel. It was an easy mod that, in my opinion, made the camera much easier to focus. It's also easily reversible if you'd prefer the original rangefinder.

I've run a half-dozen rolls through this camera, and it performed admirably. NSFW silly-nudity example here. I've just come to the conclusion that I don't like shooting with a rangefinder.

I've uploaded lots of pictures of the camera here.

$90 net to me for the camera, lens cap, 48mm to 49mm step up ring, battery adapter, and 1/2 dozen #675 zinc air batteries. Paypal or money orders, please. I'll ship to the US via insured USPS priority mail. International buyers are welcome, with shipment via insured USPS priority mail international.

Please PM me with any questions.

Thanks,

Dan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC_0004.jpg  

Shooter
    35mm RF
    This won't last long...wish I was in the market and hadn't just picked up a fixed-lens last 2 weeks ago!

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    PM sent.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

dpn
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    On hold pending payment.

dpn
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Sold!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin