Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,971   Posts: 1,523,550   Online: 787

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Bronica SQ-Ai System - Perfectly clean, from original purchaser

I've decided to focus my analogue work on paper negatives and large format work, so I'm parting with my Bronica SQ-Ai system. The core of the system is the body, the 120 back with slide, the waist-level view finder, the 80mm PS lens -- all of which were purchased new by me from B&H. Ships in the original boxes. These are all in perfect shape (I've always had other Bronicas to carry when I was going anywhere rough).

The system comes with a very clean, like new motor winder that has seen only moderate use, as well as with two other PS lenses (50mm and 135mm) to give a moderate-wide and moderate-telephoto views. Also, red, green and protective filters, new batteries, strap, and other odds and ends. Details below.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	racer.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	204.8 KB 
ID:	71242Over the years, I've been a huge supporter of Bronica systems as an affordable way to get very high-quality results for a moderate price. Nowadays, of course, the trick is to find a solid camera that hasn't been beat to death or overused in the studio. This is that camera.

You can find 30 detailed pictures of the system here:

http://s1100.photobucket.com/user/gb...SQ-Ai%20System

Not Pictured: ( -- Polaroid Back. I use it for paper negatives, such as this one; Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5381925855_81686c68d3_b.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	214.7 KB 
ID:	71241 -- Body cap drilled for pinhole camera use)

===========================================
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bronica_system-1.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	274.6 KB 
ID:	71240
    Bronica SQ-Ai System - $1,000 shipped and insured to continental U.S.
    Paypal or money order only.
    (Prefer to deal with establish APUGers rather than folks who sign up just to buy)

SYSTEM PHOTOS: http://s1100.photobucket.com/user/gb...SQ-Ai%20System
    -- SQ-Ai body
    -- SQ-Ai 120 back, with slide
    -- Waist-level finder
    -- Zenzanon-PS 80mm lens
    -- Zenzanon-PS 50mm lens
    -- Zenzanon-PS 135mm lens
    -- Motor winder
    -- Prism viewer (missing eyecap, electronics untested)
    -- 220 back
    -- Batteries
    -- green filter 67mm
    -- red filter 67mm
    -- Manuals
    -- Polaroid back
    -- body caps
    -- original strap

You can read plenty online about Bronica systems. The lens are capable of very pleasing and intriguing results. I love the look, especially shot wide open. For me, it's about the magic, not counting line-pairs. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	boy.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	322.4 KB 
ID:	71243

Please write me if you have any questions and I'll do my best to answer them. Thanks for looking. --Clifton
    "To a photographer the world consists of an infinite number of vantage points -- places to stand -- of which very few are altogether satisfactory." (John Szarkowski, Atget)

My flickr

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Good price for an underrated system. I had that body and most of the lenses for a few years -- very sharp negs and it was a pleasant surprise that other lenses and accessories were so reasonably priced. Best of luck with the sale...
    "Never criticize someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes. That way, you're a mile away and you've got their shoes."

MY BLOG - www.reservedatalltimes.com
    YOU SHOULD LOOK AT THIS SITE - www.colincorneau.com
    INSTAGRAM: colincorneau

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I sometimes regret selling my Bronica after I got a Hasselblad. The latter has given me many headaches which I have never had with Bronica. Very good stuff, the only you will ever need, really. Good price indeed.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AOCo View Post
    I sometimes regret selling my Bronica after I got a Hasselblad. The latter has given me many headaches which I have never had with Bronica. Very good stuff, the only you will ever need, really. Good price indeed.
    Thanks for the vote of confidence. I was always priced out of the Hasselblad market, but I certainly lived by the book The Medium Format Advantage, which read like a Hassie sales brochure!
    "To a photographer the world consists of an infinite number of vantage points -- places to stand -- of which very few are altogether satisfactory." (John Szarkowski, Atget)

My flickr

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by AOCo View Post
    You know, as the owner of a Bronica SQ-A, once I finally used a Hasselblad system I failed to see any marked advantages, and certain aspects of it didn't seem as well designed as the Bronica.

Good luck on the sale! These cameras are insanely good for the price.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandysloo View Post
    You know, as the owner of a Bronica SQ-A, once I finally used a Hasselblad system I failed to see any marked advantages, and certain aspects of it didn't seem as well designed as the Bronica.

Good luck on the sale! These cameras are insanely good for the price.
    Thank you.

My flickr

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandysloo View Post
    These cameras are insanely good for the price.
    Well said!
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Sale pending...

My flickr

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Payment received -- thread closed. Thanks very much everyone.

My flickr

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin