Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,900   Posts: 1,555,794   Online: 867

Shooter
    Multi Format

Leica IIc, 5cm Elmar, 135mm Culminar, vf, Leicameter

Leica IIc with 5 cm f3.5 Elmar in beautiful shape. Also 135mm f3.5 Steinheil Culminar with Leica 4809 viewfinder, variable from 35mm to 135mm. Also Leica METER 2 in case with incident light adapter and booster cell. The meter doesn't seem to be responding to light. The lenses are clean and clear, the camera has minor signs of wear but no dents or dings and no missing vulcanite. The shutter speeds are a bit slow, but the shutter is in great condition and working as it should. The range/viewfinder are clean and clear. This is one of the rarer screwmount models and is in lovely shape. $495 including Paypal fee and postage within the U.S.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC_5458.JPG   DSC_5459.JPG   DSC_5461.JPG   DSC_5462.JPG   DSC_5463.JPG  

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Nice camera. This serial number shows a manufacturing date somewhere in 1948-1949. This means a camera of 65 years old!
    Someone get this camera and have a lot of fun and excitement with it.
    I have a Leica III (1936) with the 5 cm collapsible lens (uncoated version) and I like it: very nice for B&W photography.
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T2, Nikon F4s, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras

Shooter
    Multi Format
    a IIc that has been upgraded to a IIf, really: note the flash synch dial, the film type indicator and PC flash plug. Seriel number puts it definitely in the IIc area, but very close to the IIf run, which started in 1952 --- so at some point this was either upgraded, or the serial number is wrong, which is doubtful.

Odd upgrade -- usually they would add slow speeds and make a II into a III.

veddy interesting.
    Last edited by summicron1; 07-09-2013 at 10:40 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes, you must be right. I hadn't realized that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hey! Beautiful machine. Would you consider selling either the body or elmar or both by themselves? If so, how much?

Thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I could sell the body and Elmar for $395, or everything for $450.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sold.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin