Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,860   Posts: 1,583,164   Online: 699

Shooter
    35mm

FS: Yashica Lynx 5000e

A brief description for any readers who don't know this camera: Solidly-built 35mm fixed-lens rangefinder with 45mm f/1.8 lens, a leaf-shutter that goes up to 1/1000th of a second, focus to 2.6 feet, and a nice compensating rangefinder/viewfinder. This has been my street photography camera for a few years. I recently acquired a Lynx 14e, so the 5000e is superfluous and has to go. Here's the rundown on this particular example.

The meter works, and is accurate enough to be perfectly usable with print film. I made a battery adapter out of a plastic film can and some aluminum foil; just drop two LR44 cells in, and it's good to go. The focus, shutter speeds and apertures are accurate. I've put quite a few rolls of film through this camera with no issues. I haven't replaced the light seals, but I haven't seen any light leaks, either. The shutter ring is a little hard to turn but otherwise the mechanics are perfect. Flash sync works. The viewfinder is nice and bright, with contrasty frame lines and focus spot.

There are a few cosmetic issues; a small dent on the top plate right below the "H" in Yashica, a little flaking of paint/chrome? around the film advance lever, and the "5000e" nameplate is long gone (probably in a gutter somewhere on the streets of Charlotte). Overall it's quite nice-looking, chrome and black leatherette. Pictures will be posted just as soon as Dropbox works out what my phone is trying to send...

Priced to sell at $40 shipped anywhere Priority Mail goes in the United States. This cost includes an original Yashica lens cap, a 46mm-52mm stepping ring, and (if I can find it!) the original black leather never-ready case. I do accept PayPal, or we can work something else out if needed.
    Last edited by rthomas; 07-14-2013 at 12:20 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: added a detail

Shooter
    35mm

Finally some pictures...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lynx5000e-0.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	94.6 KB 
ID:	71594Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lynx5000e-1.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	115.3 KB 
ID:	71595Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lynx5000e-2.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	91.5 KB 
ID:	71596
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lynx5000e-3.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	77.1 KB 
ID:	71597Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lynx5000e-4.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	77.2 KB 
ID:	71598Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lynx5000e-5.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	85.9 KB 
ID:	71599

If you'd like to see something I didn't show here, PM me and I'll upload a pic.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Great buy for someone to start in RF, these cameras perform far better than the price would imply, the Yashinon is as sharp as.

Shooter
    35mm
    Sale in the works....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Great camera, mine the meter is dead but it has a great lens. Please someone buy it, I don't want to sleep on the couch again.

David
    “Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.”
    ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

Shooter
    35mm
    Sold.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin