Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,829   Posts: 1,582,238   Online: 1037

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Plaubel Makina Model II, 6x9, 120 Roll Film Back, Case

For sale is a vintage Plaubel Makina Model II, a 6x9cm folding rangefinder camera complete with the valuable 120 rollfilm back. The famous German photographer, Helmut Newton, used the Makina II after WWII to produce some of his iconic images.

The Plaubel Makina Model II was released in 1933. It had a body with a coupled rangefinder, otherwise it was similar to the 1931 type. A manual parallax corrector for the eyepiece was available as an option. This camera could take all the lenses available for the Makina I, with back and front interchangeable lens components.

This Makina II is in excellent condition. The shutter works properly, although the speeds have not been lab-tested. The lens is clear and free of fungus and scratches. The aperture ring moves smoothly.

The rangefinder is accurate and the pop-up viewfinder/frame combination works correctly. The viewfinder and rangefinder glass could benefit from a cleaning.

The rollfilm back is complete with dark slide and an empty 120 film spool.

There are no missing pieces of leather, no dents and no cracks.

The tripod socket is European (3/8") and is fitted with an American 1/4"-20 tripod reducer bushing.

The fitted brown leather case with blue plush interior is original Makina. The case might require a bit of stitching or glue to reinforce one of the seams. The front clasp snaps nicely into place and locks the case.The strap is intact.

Prices for these cameras seem to be all over the map and there are not very many documented sales that I could find for this model in similar condition. so, with that in mind,

$450 + $20 shipping
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails $(KGrHqMOKowFHkLwrv72BR6DR817Yw~~60_57.jpg   $(KGrHqMOKpwFHc(3JijLBR6DYLf8O!~~60_57.jpg   $(KGrHqNHJBkFHKk1c2ZJBR6DYGuHHQ~~60_57.jpg   $(KGrHqVHJB8FHYcwGcCtBR6Dbp7O(!~~60_57.jpg   $(KGrHqYOKpMFHkQJlRJqBR6D(wMorQ~~60_57.jpg  

$(KGrHqZHJ!4FHJO)!fo)BR6DRYH6dg~~60_57.jpg   $(KGrHqZHJDoFHiiqc3z8BR6DQ8lHDg~~60_57.jpg   $T2eC16dHJGoFFvtvHUe)BR6D(-Dljw~~60_57.jpg   $T2eC16hHJGYE9nookPmkBR6DYR,d6!~~60_57.jpg   $T2eC16VHJGoFFvPy-VNzBR6DYWLz3w~~60_57.jpg  

$T2eC16VHJHwFG1tPDczfBR6DYbm,6Q~~60_57.jpg  

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Sam Hotton sends you a PM.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What a beauty.
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    The illustration of the Plaubel advertising brochure is not included in the sale.
    Sorry for the confusion.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thank you all for the trade offers, but this is a cash, check, money order or PayPal only deal.
    An answer to a question about the rangefinder's accuracy:
    I placed some ground glass on the back and checked the rangefinder accuracy at 6, 12, 20 feet and infinity.
    All these distances were spot on and agreed with the rangefinder.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    The serial number is: OA 118.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Sale pending.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    sold

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin