Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,942   Posts: 1,557,570   Online: 1135

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Coupla' old uglies

I have two cameras for sale here that nobody would call beautiful, but each is quite capable of being your next favorite piece of gear...with a little work. The pictures are out of order, but you'll figure it out. Questions happily answered and purchase money refunded if you're unsatisfied.

1: Rolleiflex 3.5 X synch. Zeiss-Opton Tessar from around 1950 (serial # 1133459). It needs a good cleaning and some new skin, but takes very nice images- if you shoot above 1/25 of a second. With a CLA, it should be fine. My other Rollei's were worse and now work like new. This one has had a long and adventure-filled life, from the look of it, but I don't know its history. I bought it for the lens, thinking that all Zeiss-Opton Tessars from similar serial-numbered cameras would be interchangeable. This is not the case. (And I now have to find another solution to the acid-etched front element on my uncle's old camera–the one I won't sell but can't use unless I want fuzzy pics.) I have to let this one go to keep trying for that solution. $125 plus postage.

2: A Baby Speed Graphic that has some bits you may want to fix. The camera looks quite good, but there is no lens board, and, in fact, the small metal strip that holds the lens board in at the bottom has mysteriously vanished. That part should be easy, the screws are there, just no metal strip. Bellows and rack are good and the focal plane shutter curtain is whole and moves quite freely. The only problem there is that the letters showing in the window are off. It says "A" when it should say "O". All speeds work and the controls move easily. My guess is that somebody overhauled it and put it back together with the indicator wheel mis-aligned. Simple spring back, and the glass and curtains are good. The front latch spring was replaced at one time, likely by the same slap-dash technician–not the neatest job but it works. There is a side-mounted Kalart rangefinder, but I don't know what lens it was set for- seems to be in the 100mm range, as expected. It is missing the eyepiece and needs horizontal adjustment, but it responds to focus travel smoothly and consistently $50 plus postage.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1615.jpg   IMG_1622.jpg   IMG_1614.jpg   IMG_1616.jpg   IMG_1623.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    PM Sent

Shooter
    35mm
    PM Sent

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Rollei has a few waiting on replies, but is not yet gone. I will only ship these CONUS. Sorry, that should have been on the original posting.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteymorange View Post
    The Rollei has a few waiting on replies, but is not yet gone. I will only ship these CONUS. Sorry, that should have been on the original posting.
    Ouch. Just read this.
    If you change your mind, I'm here!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    PM sent.

Actually, a couple of PMs...
    Last edited by bliorg; 07-19-2013 at 07:15 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Still waiting for my good luck

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Rollei sold. Thanks to all who wrote.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    P.M. sent.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin