Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,809   Posts: 1,581,536   Online: 927

Shooter
    Large Format

FS: Wide-angle brass 8x10 lens with wheel aperture on Technika board

I have a little brass barrel lens with a wheel aperture in great shape that was recently mounted for me on a Technika board by Reinhold Schable. I bought it from another member here when I was planning on keeping the 8x10 that I recently sold. It didn't get mounted and delivered to me until earlier this week, so at this point it is for sale. I am asking $125 including shipping and pp. This is basically my break-even. It was professionally mounted in the correct flange on a new board and is in great shape optically. I think this is a fair deal for a very wide optic that was designed to cover 8x10.

The lens is marked "The Compute Lens" one one side of the front ring and on the other side it reads "Wide Angle 8x10". The research I did before buying it led me to conclude that it was a rapid rectilinear with a focal distance of approximately 125mm. Both front and rear elements unscrew easily and are very clean - no scratches or marks. The aperture wheel goes from f/16 to f/256 in full stops. It has a tiny bend in it but rotates fine none the less. It could easily be removed and straightened if it bothers you - the screw that holds it on is easily accessed when you remove the front element. The body unscrews easily from the flange - no cross threads or tightness. This is also true of both elements. Cosmetically the brass is heavily aged but functionally and optically the lens is sound.

If you are interested send me a PM with your paypal address and I will send you a request for payment. Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2986.jpg   IMG_2987.jpg   IMG_2988.jpg   IMG_2989.jpg   IMG_2990.jpg  

Shooter
    Large Format
    A couple of corrections...

- this lens is not a rapid rectilinear. Apparently I was misled on this point. It is definitely a wide angle, but I don't know the exact optical formula.

- the aperture numbering system is on the old "Uniform System" which does not correspond exactly to the f-stops that we have now. The aperture marked 16 equals f/16 in the modern system, but the numbers above that are not to be read exactly as indicated. The wheel number sequence is 16-32-64-128-256. In modern parlance, this equals f/16-f/22-f/32-f/45-f/64. I could give you a long explanation as to why. If you want it I would be happy to provide it once payment has been received : )

Shooter
    Large Format
    SOLD!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin