Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,719   Posts: 1,514,856   Online: 903

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

FS kodak medalist I circa 1945 plus filters and film

up for sale is my medalist I 6x9 rangefinder, I bought this off the bay a while back untested as a matter of fact it had a roll of film in it that Kodak quit making in 1974 so it hadn't been fired in at least 39 years, anyway I got it and ran a test roll through it, it works great the shutter sounds good and the rangefinder is accurate as well. I have shot about 5 rolls through it and the exposures are spot on. the camera comes with a hood and 3 filters, deep red, yellow and green. the lens on the medalist is the 100mm ektar which is a heliar design and very sharp. I will include a couple of rolls of acros 100 plus an extra 620 spool. 175.00 plus shipping paypal preferred will post pictures tomorrow.
    "Why thats one of those old black and white cameras aint it?"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    here is a picture of it,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails medalist.jpg  

Shooter
    35mm
    Gas strikes again. PM sent. Let me know if you received. Let's say sold pending payment.

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    sold pending payment

Shooter
    35mm
    Payment sent.

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    camera is sold, thanks Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format

Cool Camera!

That is one cool compact 6X9. Thankfully it's been sold - my gas was really building up. Wonder if that could be converted to 120?

Shooter
    35mm
    They can be converted. The problem is that a conversion is extremely expensive. I've heard that it costs about $350 to $400 for the milling out, etc. For now I'll stick to re-rolling 120 to 620. An old Foldex 20 is great for that.

Shooter
    35mm
    Medalist arrived today. It is in great condition. However, this is a real beast. 3+ pounds of American metal. Worth every penny of the price.

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    thanks dave for the feedback, they are great cameras, I used to have a medalist II a few years back, liked it a lot but the medalist I was just as good and I really liked the fine focus wheel on the medalist I that the II didn't have but the medalist II had flash sync which I never used. when you contacted me about buying it I had just about decided to keep it lol. glad you bought it though and are going to use it, I didn't use it as much as I should have. thanks again for the nice feedback and enjoy your American Leica.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin