Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,719   Posts: 1,483,127   Online: 1179

Shooter
    35mm

A Near Disaster...but a FS: Film opportunity for you

Well, pardners...it was a nice morning here in Dallas, so I figured I'd go out and ride my favorite horse. I call him Rio because he seems to like that name. I started out at kind of a trot since it was early and I thought Rio might appreciate the courtesy of a more laid-back approach to the day. After a while we picked up speed and as we did, I noticed two young ladies off in the distance. As they got closer, I could see one of them had blond hair and was wearing some nice tight shorts. They were yellow and they looked good with her tanned legs. I figured she might like to see my "double avalon" trick. Years ago I performed this all over the country, but times have changed for us cowboys and I don't get the opportunity much these days. See, the way the double avalon goes is this: I stand on the saddle with the reins in my mouth and my head cut sharply to show my left side profile. I keep my gut pulled in tight with my chest out. Usually I extend my arms like eagle's wings to add to the effect and occasionally I'll even bend at the waist and extend my right leg behind me. Even though I hadn't done the double avalon for about 20 years, it came back to me pretty naturally and in a blink I was standing on that saddle just like old times. As the distance between us and the young ladies shrunk, I thought I saw the one in the yellow shorts smile at me. I was just about to tip my hat to her when something spooked Rio and before I knew it, I lost my balance and fell sideways. As I went down, I caught my boot in the stirrup and that's when things got really bad. Rio kept running and there was no way I could free my foot. Up and down his giant hooves went in a blur of dangerous motion. Closer to my head they came as I tried to think of some way out of this mess. My head was banging up and down on the ground. The reins were just inches out of my reach. Rio seemed to be running faster and faster. The young ladies went by in a flash and one of them looked genuinely concerned while the other just continued to smile. Right when I was beginning to see memories of my life going past me, the assistant manager at the K-Mart came out and unplugged Rio. He hates it when he has to do that, because he must leave leave the air-conditioned comfort of the store. He didn't say it, but I think he might prefer if I don't ride Rio for a while.

So when I got home to recuperate, I went out to the freezer in the garage to hunt for a Freezie Pop and what did I see? Some film I had forgotten I had. Yep, what I have here are 5 four-packs (20 rolls) of Walgreen's Studio 35 - ISO 200 (which as I recall was the Agfa Vista emulsion--C41 process, 24 exposure per roll). Vista was the best of Agfa's consumer color films. The expiration date is all 04/07. This was all bought the day it was announced Agfa would cease the agreement to supply Walgreen's and went straight to the freezer where it has been kept ever since.

$1.50 per roll plus actual cost of shipping. PayPal ok for buyers outside the USA but check, cash, money order inside the USA, please.

If questions, please contact me at jon_goodman@yahoo.com

There is some more film I'll offer under a separate post. Right now I have to finish my freezie pop and take a couple of aspirin tablets.

Jon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nice story Jon. Glad that Rio wasn't injured during your routine. I sure bet those young ladies were impressed.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Art

Shooter
    35mm
    Well Rio's pride was hurt, Art but his sense of humor is still intact. I hear he went into a bar nearby tonight, walked up and ordered a bottle of Dom Perignon, a double of Macallan scotch and an order of caviar. He washes the caviar down with the Dom Perignon and while he's enjoying the Macallan, he leans over to the bartender and says "you know, pal...I shouldn't be eating and drinking all this with what I've got." The bartender replies "and what do you have?" Rio winks at him and says "oh about a dollar in loose change and a carrot."

The ladies...well, I just hope I see them again. Maybe tomorrow.
    Jon

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    At least the bartender didn't ask, "Why the long face?".

Shooter
    35mm
    Maybe the bartender was the one with the long face.
    Jon

Shooter
    35mm
    The Agfa/Walgreen's film seems to be sold. Thanks!
    Jon

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin