Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,920   Posts: 1,522,020   Online: 942

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    35mm
    Man oh man...I step away to spend a delightful afternoon in the attic to see why the A/C stopped working after church (hint: motor run capacitor is dead) and look what breaks loose around here! In order:

Yes, gelatin is made from critters. But we should clarify it is made from dead critters and really only the left over parts that most people don't like to think about eating. Vegan type people in particular might go all apoplectic if they knew what was in their little gummy vitamins (and lots of other things I won't mention in case vegans are reading this).

Quick dissolving...ok, unvarnished salesmanship there. You got me on that one.

Vegas...well, I for one expected better from this car. And so did Motor Trend, obviously. After picking the Plymouth Road Runner as car of the year in 1969, the Gran Torino in 1970, the Vega in 1971 and the Citroen SM in 1972, they successfully became the butt of car jokes for nearly a decade to follow. I always thought the designation SM stood for SadoMasochist or Sad Old Mexican.

Thanks for the purchase! Always nice to deal with you!

Rio is ok and thanks for asking. He may also need a run capacitor soon, though.

Real problem when your fan stops running and your compressor keeps running. Makes a large ice cube out of the whole she-bang.

Ok, now to watch the second episode of "Silk" on PBS.
    Jon

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Made of cow bones, according to Robert Shanebrook's book on Kodak film manufacture. I eat steak and hamburgers all the time, so no objections to cow bone film from me!
    Chris Crawford
    Fine Art Photography of Indiana and other places no one else photographs.

http://www.chriscrawfordphoto.com

My Tested Developing Times with the films and developers I use

Become a fan of my work on Facebook

Fort Wayne, Indiana

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lxdude View Post
    Naw, Gold is great stuff!
    I did see a Vega restored to almost new condition, which meant it only blew a little smoke and the rust holes above the headlights were small!

Was it jet black with a tan interior -- might have been my original car.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Art

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ArtO View Post
    Was it jet black with a tan interior -- might have been my original car.
    It might have been at one time--if it had any paint left. Or maybe that was its original paint--rust was a very popular color back in the 70's. I couldn't tell if the interior was tan or just sunburned white vinyl...
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Goodman View Post
    I always thought the designation SM stood for SadoMasochist...
    Exactly right. The car's French, after all, and you know how those Frenchies are. Plus, it's a French car...

Shooter
    Multi Format

used film

So, Jon. I can't afford New Film. Maybe you have some old Used Film laying around that you would sell for a very reasonable price?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It might have been at one time--if it had any paint left. Or maybe that was its original paint--rust was a very popular color back in the 70's. I couldn't tell if the interior was tan or just sunburned white vinyl...
    As I recall the rust-enabled exterior was an extra in those days. Now I'm remembering that vinyl weave interior - cold in the winter and hot in the summer. A/C was one of those luxuries I couldn't afford.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Art

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by jmccl@yahoo.com View Post
    So, Jon. I can't afford New Film. Maybe you have some old Used Film laying around that you would sell for a very reasonable price?
    Yes of course, amigo. I have some used film I could part with reasonably. I also have one roll that went through a washing machine and another that spent most of a summer in the trunk of my car. Because of the obvious artistic enhancement those will provide, they are more costly. Let's see...what else do I have to offer you. Ah, medium format film. A lot of people here at APUG seem to be enamored with medium format. I could cut the edges off of some 35mm film and duct tape it together and...viola...medium format film! And it would be wonderful to use in your Holga! Of course I would have to charge you more for this. Much more, in fact. Possibly I still have some black/white that I could splice with color film to make things really interesting (and artistic, naturally).

Sadly I donated almost all of my VCR tapes to charity, or I could have sold you those. I do still have a rather large box of 3.5" diskettes. I must save a few to use in my Sony Mavica, but I could make you a very nice deal on the others. Please tell me if you are interested.
    Jon

Shooter
    35mm

As any student of the 70s knows, "earth-tones" ruled the color schemes. Rust was a popular earth tone. Also tan, avocado green and a color called harvest gold...which looked nearly exactly like prepared yellow mustard which has been allowed to air-dry. The other day I was watching a tv show from the mid-60s and the kitchen was done with light blue (bordering on turquoise) appliances, a countertop in what was as I recall named "burnt orange" and the wood stain was a light oak. The combined effect was stunning. Chrysler cars (the Cordoba in particular) and the AMC Pacer were pretty much guaranteed to turn burnt orange within a year or so...no matter what color they were when they left the factory. When we were married, we were given an afghan knitted in earth tones. Greens, golds, oranges, browns. Even when those colors were accepted, I thought it was hideous. It does keep you warm, though. At least as warm as anyone needs to be in a city whose 4 seasons are defined as: summer, still summer, Christmas Day and almost summer.

Jon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jmccl@yahoo.com View Post
    I have some old Used Film I could sell you. It comes with pictures pre-installed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin