Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,225   Posts: 1,532,668   Online: 807

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

FS: Seal Commercial 210M Dry Mount Press 9.5/10 condition *pick-up only*

Hey all!

Well I have to keep pluggin away at moving stuff to new homes, and this WAS on the 'to keep' list. Now it's up for sale. Fickle, fickle me!
    I'm moving on/out of my apartment by the end of this month(Sept), so I have to liquidate *almost* everything, since I'll be going cross-country for a new line of work come the new year(and have some places to go, people to see and things to do before then)
    It is by far, the cleanest and and least used press I've ever seen. Bar none. (I'm the 2nd owner, and haven't even had a chance to use it myself yet, btw!)

Anywhoooooo, here it is: on the chopping block for you! 'Whet' your appetite when looking at this super clean example !
    Works a treat. Heats up quickly, maintains temperature accurately(again, barely been used by both the former owner, I haven't used it yet) and has a platen size of 18.25" x 22.25". Nice and small, yet large enough(barely) to mount prints onto 20x24 board(a small bit of board hanging out the front).

I have release folder material(not pictured) I will include as well w/ purchase of the press. NOT SELLING SEPARATELY.

Due to size and weight, and lack of time to find and/or fabricate appropriate shipping essentials for something of this size, I will not be able to ship it.
    ***PICK-UP ONLY, in-person please***
    I'm located in Covina: just south of the 210fwy, and just west of the 57. Easy peazy to get to from DTLA/west side, or if you want to drive from AZ, come on over

My selling price: $550, cash payment upon pick up(or delivery (see line below))
    For an extra $50(so $600 total), I can hand-deliver up to a 30mi radius from the Covina/Glendora/Azusa area.
    I'm always open to meeting fellow APUG members, especially when meeting in-person :-)
    *APUG will get 3% back if it sells to someone messaging me here, through the forum.

please send any inquiries if you should have any, via PM here on the forum
    thx,
    Dan

p.s. I also have an assortment of 8x10, 11x14 and 16x20 archival matboard(Conservation Resources museum-quality brand). Both 2-ply and 4-ply.
    I will offer it for sale first to the purchaser of the press, otherwise I will be listing it for sale separately on 9/8/13.

Not everyday you get a chance to pick up a super clean one, folks! Just in time for this winters printing and mounting session of this summers shootin!

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

FS: Seal Commercial 210M Dry Mount Press 9.5/10 condition *pick-up only*

Great press. Great deal.

Any SoCal people should buy this press immediately. Perfect for dry mounting and absolutely perfect for print flattening of fiber prints. Very reliable and simple to use. I'd never sell my Seal.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    $550 now includes FREE delivery up to a 40mi radius from my place, in covina

pickup will save you $25, so $525 picked up now

thx,
    Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Have you tried Craigslist as well Daniel? This press is just too nice for it to not sell.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, tried craigslist. However it seems that there are too many screwballs out there who send "sell it for $50?" offers... It gets tiring, to say the least...

these things sell for close to $2k brand new from B&H. $2k! Mine is 1/4 that and just as good.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    still available,

open to offers .
    still pick-up only

thx,
    Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    lets do something CRAZY!!! I'm moving out of my apartment by the end of this month, moving onto something completely different. No room to store this.

$300 picked up by THIS weekend.
    cash in-person only
    I can deliver(or meet up if you're farther) for another $40 to cover gas/mileage, up to 25mi from my place.

-Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielStone View Post
    $300 picked up by THIS weekend.
    I refuse to believe that it won't immediately sell at this price; I've already got one and I want it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Oh for Pete's sake.

Where are all of you members who always complain about being unable to flatten your curly fiber-based prints? Trust me... this thing will flatten your unmounted prints beyond your wildest dreams. Even if you never officially dry mount a thing it's worth the asking price just for that!

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, as a 210M owner, it's absolutely driving me insane that no one has picked up this beauty.

These things are so fundamental when printing with fiber paper that you'll never post or even read a "how can I flatten my FB prints?" thread again. It's very simple: 60 seconds at 200F in the Seal (which only takes 15-20 minutes to heat up) between 2 pieces of matte board and move the heck on. Not only that but (bonus!) you can also use it for it's actual intended purpose of dry mounting prints!

300$ for a 210M in this condition is a STEAL PEOPLE, SOMEONE BUY IT.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin