Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,966   Posts: 1,523,364   Online: 1213

Shooter
    Multi Format

FS: Kodak Master 8x10 -- the "Metal Deardorff" -- with New Bellows and Case

Kodak Master 8x10 View Camera
    with New Bellows and Case
    $1250 or best reasonable offer

This is a Kodak Master 8x10 View Camera, also known as the "Metal Deardorff". It's in beautiful condition. It was obviously well cared for in its past years.

I made a new bellows for it. It's featherweight, light-tight and supple and fits the camera like a glove.

It came to me without the 8x10 back. So I picked up a wooden Kodak 8x10 back which had a garish fluorescent blue-green finish on it -- looked like automobile paint! -- and stripped it, primed and painted it a close match to the camera's color. In the process, I had to shim the edges out so the back would match the dimension at the rear of the camera. I used cherry wood for this. On the ground glass panel I measured to ensure proper register distance for film holders -- it's spot on.

I installed flocking at the back of the camera to accommodate the lack of baffling on the wooden back.

The camera has front swings, tilts, and rise and fall; and rear swings and tilts.

It comes with its original case, if you want it. It's pretty beat up, and the camera is a very tight fit. But it works. It has what appears to be the original skeleton key tied with a string to the handle. I haven't tried it, for fear that I wouldn't be able to get it unlocked. If you want the case with the camera, it's yours.

Minimum extension, from front of lensboard to ground glass, is about 62mm (a bit less than 2-1/2"); maximum is about 635mm (25").

The camera alone measures 13"H x 13-1/2"W x 5 thick. It weighs a bit less than 13-1/2 pounds with lensboards, without case. So figure 15-1/2 lbs shipping weight from Zip Code 90027.

The case measures 15'H x 20"W x 7-1/2" deep. The whole kit weighs about 19-1/2 lbs., so figure 21-1/2 lbs shipping weight from 90027.

Please Note: I wait for PayPal payments to clear to my bank account before shipping. This can take up to 3-4 days.

Pictures:

Here's a link to all the pictures I took of the camera and case.

http://s96.photobucket.com/user/pacv...?sort=3&page=1

The pictures below are a few of those.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    ONE MORE THING:

The camera comes with four lensboards. These are really hard to find and rather expensive. Three of them are in good shape; one has holes drilled in it but these can be plugged up. The shutter hole sizes are: 69mm, 81mm, 83mm and 88mm.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Bump

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sale pending

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin