Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,519   Posts: 1,572,218   Online: 935

Thread: Nikkormat FT

Shooter
    35mm

Nikkormat FT

I am selling a Nikkormat FT body. Everything seems to be working and in reasonably good condition, even the meter. The meter action is a bit "jumpy" as one turns the aperture dial (common problem with Nikon), but it seems to settle down at fixed settings. The light seals could use renewal as with most vintage SLR's. A quality camera for pocket money!

Price: $20 plus shipping
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails nikkormat-1.JPG   nikkormat-5.JPG   nikkormat-2.JPG   nikkormat-3.JPG   nikkormat-4.JPG  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hah. It's mine, now. The pictures don't do it justice and it came with a working Wien cell. The cap for the cell compartment isn't as bad as the photo makes it look, either.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by E. von Hoegh View Post
    Hah. It's mine, now. The pictures don't do it justice and it came with a working Wien cell. The cap for the cell compartment isn't as bad as the photo makes it look, either.
    Waaaa,,,,, for $20??? Wow. It would look much better sitting next to mine;-)

Too bad about the Wien cell. I gave up on my Ftn and sent it to a guy in North Seattle for a converson and calibration for silver cells. Of course it cost almost the same as an F body did back in the day. Tickled pink with the conversion and service.

Nikon-John,,, or Ftn-John? Anyway, on here somewhere gave me the address. Great service,,, cranky guy (not john) ;-) Not sure if he can do the same conversion on a N'Mat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Grif, the Nikkormats were calibrated at the factory by swapping resistors, according to the Nikon service manual. There were kits of resistors for servicing them. Also the 'mats work on a single cell, not two like the FTN finders.\

I use 675 hearing aid cells, they last a long time if you glue over 3 of the 4 airholes.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Not likely I'll ever add another body to my Nikon stuff. I'll keep it till I go out feet first. Now,,, some of the other stuff.... trying to decide how to sneak in a new camera without totally selling off everything else ;-)

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Waaaa,,,,, for $20??? Wow. It would look much better sitting next to mine;-)

Too bad about the Wien cell. I gave up on my Ftn and sent it to a guy in North Seattle for a converson and calibration for silver cells. Of course it cost almost the same as an F body did back in the day. Tickled pink with the conversion and service.

Nikon-John,,, or Ftn-John? Anyway, on here somewhere gave me the address. Great service,,, cranky guy (not john) ;-) Not sure if he can do the same conversion on a N'Mat.
    That would be John_Nikon_F. Close.

Anyway, shop's name is Camera Clinic. 206-367-2440. Guy's name is Doug. Not really cranky, but an inveterate smartass. Conversion is $59 on an FT or FTn 'mat. Involves installing a shottky diode. Once that is done, you can run the fairly common V 625 U batteries. Or, with a spacer, a V76PX...

I think, that if I go back to using a 'mat, I'll stick to FT2's and FT3's... They're already converted, and have some other upgrades as well.

-J
    APUG: F2AS x2, F, FM2n, Nikomat FTn, FT2
    DPUG: D200
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D200), 20/3.5 UD, 24/2.8 AI, 50/2 AI, 50/2 K, 50/1.4 AI, 55/3.5 Micro PC, 55/2.8 Micro AIS, 85/1.8 K, 105/2.5 K, 135/3.5 QC

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Nikon_F View Post
    That would be John_Nikon_F. Close.

Anyway, shop's name is Camera Clinic. 206-367-2440. Guy's name is Doug. Not really cranky, but an inveterate smartass. Conversion is $59 on an FT or FTn 'mat. Involves installing a shottky diode. Once that is done, you can run the fairly common V 625 U batteries. Or, with a spacer, a V76PX...

I think, that if I go back to using a 'mat, I'll stick to FT2's and FT3's... They're already converted, and have some other upgrades as well.

-J
    The procedure of which conversion is: Remove two screws holding bottom plate, lift off plate. Desolder wire from cell compartment. Solder diode in series with cell compartment and meter circuitry, replace plate and screws. $59 for 10 minutes work. The FTN finders for the Fs are simply recalibrated, which is a considerably more involved procedure.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Yep.
    APUG: F2AS x2, F, FM2n, Nikomat FTn, FT2
    DPUG: D200
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D200), 20/3.5 UD, 24/2.8 AI, 50/2 AI, 50/2 K, 50/1.4 AI, 55/3.5 Micro PC, 55/2.8 Micro AIS, 85/1.8 K, 105/2.5 K, 135/3.5 QC

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin