Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,935   Posts: 1,557,049   Online: 1288

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Entry Level 4X5! Burke & James w/ full movements. Highly Under-Rated! 5X7 sized

There are lots of enduring endearing features that this rather plebeian Burke and James offered that only the highest of the high end cameras could match. Like movements galore.

It has front tilt, front swing, front shift, and the rear standard has the same. Full movements, both ends.

This is "late model" like 1958 or 1966, and the bellows is like new. It will be light tight for many years.

Another feature the BnJ offered is a generous lens board area. Over 5 inches square of real estate to hang the antique lenses on! And placing a Packard Shutter inside the camera is easy and effective for those Petzval's and Verito's you're going to experience with this camera.

This is really a 5X7 camera. 5X7 backs are plentiful and cheap for these on E-b-a-y. This camera is Rock Solid, ready for your lens and some serious use. $185.00
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I do not need this....but holy crap do I want it......uh....taking trades? I get paid Friday and need my GAS fix
    5x7 Eastman-Kodak kit / B&L 135mm Zeiss Tessar + Compur Deckel
    4x5 Graphic View / Schneider 180 5.6 Symmar in a Synchro Compur
    RB67 Pro S /50 4.5 / 90 3.8 / 180 4.5 / WLF / prism finder / polaback
    Random 35mm stuff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I saw pictures of one a while back that was stripped to bare wood and refinished. Looked pretty good.
    "Far more critical than what we know or do not know is what we do not want to know." - Eric Hoffer

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Thanks for the nice 'bumps' guys. This in fact is SOLD. Thanks everyone.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Thank god it's sold cause I was about to see if someone wanted to buy one of my kids to finance this.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MitzyG View Post
    Thank god it's sold cause I was about to see if someone wanted to buy one of my kids to finance this.
    Are any of them old enough to use a sewing machine? Certain skill sets are desirable in Asia.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mgb74 View Post
    I saw pictures of one a while back that was stripped to bare wood and refinished. Looked pretty good.
    Did mine 23 years ago, sure beats gray paint!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B&J APUG.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	616.9 KB 
ID:	74512

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jwd722 View Post
    Did mine 23 years ago, sure beats gray paint!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B&J APUG.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	616.9 KB 
ID:	74512
    Nice. Do you know what type of wood it is?
    "Far more critical than what we know or do not know is what we do not want to know." - Eric Hoffer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks. I believe it's maple. Nice hardwood and nicely "overbuilt" camera. Has all the movements anyone could want or need. The lens on it is a 135mm f6.3 Kodak Wide Field Ektar, I also have a Kodak 203mm f7.7 Ektar both mounted on Graflex boards.
    Last time I actually used it was about 10 years ago!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin