Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,732   Posts: 1,515,263   Online: 770

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

For Sale: Yashica-Mat 124G

Up for sale is one Yashica-Mat 124G TLR.

Cosmetically it's in quite good condition. There's a bit of paint loss on one of the back edges, but for the most part it looks very nice. There's also a notch on the focus knob, and one next to it. It was used in a dentist's office, so I'm guessing the had a fixed focus distance. Glass is clean, minus a little dust. Oil free aperture.

Mechanically, the film advance seems alright, and the shutter tests out okay. I did run a roll of film through it at an even spread of shutter speeds, and the exposures looked good. For some reason, trying to use a shutter speed between 4' and 8' seems to fire too quickly, but no other issues that I could find. The film advance is typical for the later Yashicas - no frame overlapping to worry about, but the frame spacing isn't 100% consistent. Shouldn't be anything to worry about, and the action is very smooth and easy. The self-timer is a bit stiff, but works and seems to run steadily, without hanging up.

Unfortunately, the meter is a dud. I'll send it with a new Wein cell battery, and you're welcome to try and revive it. The contacts for the sides of the battery seem to be broken off, but I tried to bridge this with some wire and had no luck.

Selling because I use my EM (added a second needle to make it's meter accurate). This is the third 124G I've tried that had a dead meter. I just wanted the coupled meter to improve my speed when taking street shots. I've turned my attention elsewhere at this point.

Paypal preferred, asking for 100$ shipped.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails photo 2.JPG   photo 1.JPG   photo 3.JPG   photo 4.JPG  

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Forgive the pictures. My forte is film, not phone. If you'd like a clearer picture let me know and I'll get out the DSLR.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I'm interested but can you post a clear picture of the lens and maybe an example roll of how the frame spacing is inconsistent?
    Last edited by EricOmori; 09-26-2013 at 07:21 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    for the future, let sunny 16 with a little kentucky windage be thy guide. For speed, the human brain is tops.

Shooter
    Medium Format

Requested photos. Close up shows worst frame spacing. Still not bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Shooter
    Medium Format
    B-b-b-bump!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Alright folks, down to 80$ shipped.

Shooter
    35mm
    So tempted, looking to make my first steps into MF....

-Xander

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast14riot View Post
    So tempted, looking to make my first steps into MF....

-Xander
    Do it. That is a great price and you never regret a bigger neg. And who needs a meter anyway?

Shooter
    35mm
    PM sent.

-Xander

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin