Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,720   Posts: 1,483,133   Online: 1246

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Everything Must Go, Round 1!

Due to poor health and large medical bills, I'm selling off all of my film equipment. Hate to do it, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do. So, here's what I have available at the moment:

1) 1904 Seneca No. 3, 8" x 10". It has a unique design, in that the front rotates! Haven't seen one like it (perhaps this 1904 design just didn't work out, but, IMHO, it's pretty ingenious). This allows Rise/Fall and Shift simply by turning the front assembly! The rear standard allows for some Tilt and Rotate, but not much. The structure is reasonably sound, but there is a bit of damage to the rails (see pix), and it's hard to move the front standard. The knob tends to slip, so I would recommend simply pushing the standard along with one's thumbs, then using the knob for fine focus. At 109 years old, one should expect a few problems!

The bellows appears to be light-tight and in good condition. The camera comes with its original 8" x 10" back, and I cobbled together a 4" x 5" back from pieces I had lying around, so you have 2 formats to choose from! There are five (5) sheet film holders. I'm away from the camera so I can't check, but I'm pretty sure all the dark slides are good. There is one with a crack, so keep that in mind when loading film.

The shutter is a Wollensak Optimo No.3. It fires cleanly, and the speeds sound accurate. The lens is a Wollensak Velostigmat Series II, 7-1/2" Focus. The lens appear to be in good condition, but I suspect you'll have shutter/lens combos of your own that you'll want to use.

I've stripped all of the old varnish off of the wood, using a paste wax as a preservative (I prefer wax to polyurethane or any other modern varnish/sealant), as well as removed some fabric that was being used as a light seal (regular black felt should be an adequate replacement). As such, the pieces that comprise the rotating front are a bit loose. Some of the small screws are loose, due to age. You might wish to replace those with longer screws, or perhaps with small bolts passing entirely through the structure, secured with bolts and washers. Brass or Nickel bolts might look pretty good. You might also consider removing them, filling the holes with an acrylic resin, then drilling small pilots holes for replacement screws. This second method may help to stabilize the wood, given that its over 100 years old!

The camera does fold up for storage/transport, but there isn't a hook to keep it closed. There are some empty holes that suggest it once had a closure hook or strap.

Finally, you'll receive 25 sheets of Arista 400 8" x 10" film. I don't know the exp. date, but it's been refrigerated the whole time I've had it. So, it total, you're getting the body, two (2) backs, five (5) 8" x 10" holders and 25 sheets of film.

$450 OBO.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Seneca 8x10 FC - Shift - Rise - Fall.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	151.2 KB 
ID:	74975 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Seneca 8x10 Field Camera.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	147.0 KB 
ID:	74976 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Seneca 8x10 Field Camera 2.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	156.2 KB 
ID:	74977 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Seneca 8x10 Field Camera 8x10 Back.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	140.0 KB 
ID:	74978 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Seneca 8x10 Field Camera 4x5 Back.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	177.7 KB 
ID:	74979

2) Pentax 67. With the Mirror Lock-Up feature. S/N:4194878. Comes with a working TTL finder and standard prism finder. Lens is a Takumar 6x7 Super-Multi-Coated lens, 1:2,4/105. Some paint loss on the edges of the body, hidden by the use of a black marker! Yeah, I know, but it's the function that matters, not so much the cosmetic condition.

$325, OBO.

Name:	Pentax 67 - Front.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	718.3 KB 
ID:	74980 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pentax 67 - Left.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	777.4 KB 
ID:	74981 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pentax 67 - Right.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	769.6 KB 
ID:	74982 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pentax 67 - Top with Prism.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	683.2 KB 
ID:	74983 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pentax 67 - SMC Takumar 105mm f2.4 Lens Front.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	720.5 KB 
ID:	74984

3) Sinar F. S/N: 26500. Includes the following: a 9" main tube with a 6" extension tube; a Sinar lensboard with a Fujinon-W 1:5,6/150 lens in Copal shutter; a second Sinar lensboard with a Schneider-Kreuznach Symmar 1:5,6/135 in a Synchro-Compur shutter. Almost everything on the camera is in good working condition; the bubble level on the rear standard for left/right movement is broken, but that's pretty much it for damage. Bellows is good. You'll also get eight (8) Fidelity Elite 4" x 5" holders, so you'll have 16 shots to work with.

A great starter camera with a nice pro-quality lens for anyone getting into LF photography. I never used the Schneider, but you might get some interesting results with that.

$500, OBO.

Name:	Sinar F with Fujinon Lens.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	727.9 KB 
ID:	74985 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sinar-F Back.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	717.5 KB 
ID:	74986 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sinar F - Fujinon-W 150mm Lens with Copal Shutter.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	695.3 KB 
ID:	74987 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sinar F - Schneider 135mm Lens in Compur-P Shutter.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	892.0 KB 
ID:	74988

4) Mamiya RB67 Professional. S/N: C21451. Includes a Mamiya-Sekor C 1:3,8/127 lens, a Mamiya-Sekor C 1:3,8/90 lens, and I'll throw in a damaged Mamiya-Sekor 1:4,5/50 lens. The 50mm lens, on the camera when I got it (but not described as damaged by the seller) has a dented rim prevents shutter from firing correctly. For those unfamiliar with this camera, the shutter is in the lens; I suspect that the barrel of the 50mm has become oval-shaped due to the dent, and this is impinging on the shutter mechanism. Repairing it would cost about the same as buying a used one from KEH, but you would have a new warranty with the repair, something you won't get if you buy from someone other than KEH, Adorama, Roberts, etc. A 220 Pro SD film holder is mounted on the back, but is without the SD dark slide (another omission by the seller). The body needs new light seals, but that's not a major expense.

This is a big, bulky camera, definitely not one for carrying around the woods or using on the sideline for action shots! More suited to the studio, and swapping out lenses and backs is fast and easy.

$300, OBO.

Name:	Mamiya RB67 Professional Body.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	674.0 KB 
ID:	74989 [PM me for additional pix; I've reached the limit in this post.]

5) Kowa 6 MM. Can't remember where I picked this up; most likely at some estate auction. I haven't used it, but other than a missing lens locking lever and a missing mirror lock up knob, everything else seems to be fully functional. Comes with a prism finder, which can bring a nice price on that big auction site. I'd recommend new light seals, as these are 25-30 years old!

$150, OBO. PM me for pix.

I'll have more tomorrow, so keep an eye out. I have a large number of sub-miniature cameras for sale, such as the Minox B "spy" camera, the Minute 16 (pronounced "My-Noot", as in "very small"). That's a cute little camera, and I even have a new-in-the-box flash unit for it! I have several Minolta-16 models, including one new-in-the-box (the receipt, dated Aug. 31, 1959, is included), and a hard-to-find Steky II with a telephoto lens!

If you're ready to buy, please make payment via Paypal to: dr.david.child@gmail.com. Someone who pays first beats out someone with an early PM. I don't have Internet access at home, so I won't see any PMs until Thursday.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    where are you shipping from?
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Wow, that's some really good stuff there, a nice price for the P67 too. Trying very hard to resist my GAS right now...
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    PM and payment sent for Kowa

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That Seneca is a beauty! GLWS

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Bloomington, IN, 47401

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Kowa has been sold.

The damaged lens for the RB67 is sold pending receipt of funds.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You wouldnt be willing to part out some of the glass from that Sinar would you? Would they cover a 5x7?
    5x7 Eastman-Kodak kit / B+M 135mm Zeiss Tessar + Compur Deckel
    RB67 Pro S / 90 3.8 / WLF / prism finder / polaback
    FED-2 / 50 2.8 Industar 26m / 85 f2 Jupiter-9
    Canon 300v / 5D d*****l / L lenses

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by j-dogg View Post
    You wouldnt be willing to part out some of the glass from that Sinar would you? Would they cover a 5x7?

I'd like to keep the set together at this point.

Thanks for your interest!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    RB67 has been sold pending receipt of funds.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin