Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,938   Posts: 1,557,297   Online: 1063

Shooter
    35mm

Benefit Sale - Kiev Universal Finder - 28mm Wide Angle Version - $55

This is a yummy wide to tele finder designed for vintage RF cameras. Has the immense advantage of magnifying the entire field rather than just showing ever smaller framelines as the focal length increases. Plus it provides fine adjustment of field of view depending on distance of subject - see first photo!. Optics are crystal clear. Includes original bakelite case. All for a good cause: all proceeds including shipping charges will benefit our local community radio station, WCUW, broadcasting at 91.3 FM in Worcester, MA and also streaming at www.wcuw.org. Buyer pays only actual shipping, which will be not much. Enjoy!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCF4460.jpg   DSCF4458.jpg   DSCF4456.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    These are really good finders, and this is a very fair price. Works great with Leicas -- this version is in fact for Leicas and Leica copies (FED, Zorki) since it's offset to the left -- does not block the shutter speed dial.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Dang, if this was a 21mm I would GRAB it in a heartbeat!

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for the boost. But... I have always wondered about the 'left offset for Leica' idea with regard to these finders. All of the Zeiss branded finders seem to be right offset, but I have never seen a Russian finder offset to the right. Has anyone else? Plus, have a look at the lousy fit of this finder on both M-series and thread Leica (3rd and 4th photo respectively), versus the bang-on fit on the Contax. It seems to me that if the factory went to the trouble to retool entirely for a mirror-reverse Leica-fit finder, then they would have gone all the way and redesigned the shoe to fit the Leica. Clearly this is not the case here. In fact, if you are looking for a Leica-fit finder, then I suggest that you steer clear of this finder and others like it. They do not seat snugly on Leicas in my experience. They do seat perfectly on the Contax however. Have a look and let me know if your experience is other than mine.

J

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Merritt View Post
    These are really good finders, and this is a very fair price. Works great with Leicas -- this version is in fact for Leicas and Leica copies (FED, Zorki) since it's offset to the left -- does not block the shutter speed dial.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCF4462.jpg   DSCF4464.jpg   DSCF4465.jpg   DSCF4469.jpg  

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin