Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,916   Posts: 1,584,716   Online: 792

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Everything Must Go, Round 2! New-in-box items, subminiatures, etc!

Okay, off to a good start! Here's what's next:

1) Yashica 635 TLR with 35mm Adapter Kit. S/N: 3910878. I'm selling my "keeper", the one that has the red skin! Everything is functional, including the self-timer. Includes the 6-piece adapter kit to shoot 35mm; the Take-Up reel isn't original, but it works! Comes with the metal lens caps! $125, OBO.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Yashica 635 TLR with 35mm Adapter Kit.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	508.1 KB 
ID:	75045

2) Yashica 635 TLR with 35mm Adapter Kit, #2. S/N: SX 6102689. This one appears to have been a showroom model. A bit of wear, but still looks great! The self-timer doesn't function properly; switching from M to X mode (or vice versa; I can't remember) blocks the self-timer. However, in this specimen, switching from X to M doesn't change the bar's position, suggesting something amiss inside. You can cock the timer for about 5 seconds of delay, and it fires. Also fires under normal circumstances, so I believe the problem of the X-to-M to be isolated solely to the self-timer.

In addition to the camera, you'll get the original box, the original leather carry case, the original manual, and a small showroom display sign with the original price! So, you're getting a lot for your money!

$125, OBO.

Name:	Yashica 635 TLR - Original Box.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	463.1 KB 
ID:	75046 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Yashica 635 TLR with 35mm Adapter Kit - Boxed Kit.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	722.8 KB 
ID:	75047

3) MEC-16. This is a German variant on the 16mm subminiature craze. Gold-toned with black highlights. Heavier than most, so feels a bit better in the hand. You may still be able to get new film for this one (you can for many of the other 16mm sub-mins). Comes in the original hardshell clam case, with instructions and original serial number card. Appears to be fully functional; winds and fires as expected. This is one is rarer than the others out there, so a bit pricier, though by the looks on that big auction site, my price might be too low!

$100, OBO.

Name:	MEC-16 Cased.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	665.5 KB 
ID:	75048

4) Universal Minute-16 Camera and Flash. This looks like a toy (some critics claimed such), though Universal tried to give it the look of a "real" camera with the flash unit! Both are new-in-the-box, which I suspect to be fairly rare (though I did see one pair on that site - but my price is lower!).

The camera uses a small film cassette. No idea if those are available; if so, I suspect it's load your own! Fixed focus, fixed shutter speed, but three (3) aperture settings! The flash uses AA batteries, but not sure what type of bulb.

If you own a studio with a display window for the public, having this set up on a small tripod would surely bring people in just to ask about it!

$100, OBO.

Name:	Minute 16 Camera and Flash Set.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	743.0 KB 
ID:	75049 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Minute 16 Boxed Camera.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	661.3 KB 
ID:	75050 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Minute 16 Flash Assembled.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	563.9 KB 
ID:	75051

5) Minox B. This specimen appears to be new-in-the-plastic-case! The shutter speed knob shows a bit of handling, but this has likely passed through a number of owners! Amazed the parts have stayed together as long as they have! Comes with the Owner's Manual with correct registration card; leather case; metal focusing cable, and a mailer label for sending the film out for development.

Regarding the cable and the small balls along its length, they allow for rapid focusing just by feel! If you were going to shoot sheets of paper in a hurry (think "industrial espionage"), you'd preset the focus length, press the button for the exposure meter, rotate the shutter speed knob to that indicated by the meter, then slide your hand to the correct ball when holding the camera over the paper.Also includes

I have several boxes of new film for the Minox, though they're a bit out of date. They've been refrigerated since I bought them, so I suspect they're still good. PM if you're interested, and I'll let you know what I have. I think I have an early 1960's box of Tri-X for the Minox; again, PM me.

$100, OBO. [On the lower end for such a set]

Name:	Minox B - Plastic Case.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	774.3 KB 
ID:	75052 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Minox Film.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	608.5 KB 
ID:	75053

6) Minolta-16. You've probably seen these, and they're pretty neat! However, I have one that's almost New-In-The-Box! I say "almost" because the boxes have been damaged by repeated handling. Otherwise, it's pretty special!

This specimen (forgot to record the S/N) has a black body is scratch/scuff-free (models with colors other than silver bring more money)! The camera has shutter speeds of 25, 50, 200, and aperture settings of f=3.5, 4, 5.6, 8, 11. Inside the black leather carry case are two (2) auxiliary lenses: Close-Up No. 1 and No. 2. The case is etched Chiyoda-Kogaku-Japan (some just have "Japan").

I'll throw in 2 rolls of new B/W film and 1 roll of Color (a $25 value)! They may be slightly out of date, but they've been refrigerated since I bought them.

Now the cool part (at least for me): the original sales receipt is in the box! It indicates it was sold on 31 Aug 1959 aboard a US Navy ship out of Sasebo, Japan, at a cost of $13 for the camera and a roll of film. The buyer, Marvin Chapman, appears to be an Aviation Storekeeper Petty Officer 1st Class (his rating is listed as "AKP1"; the 3-letter designation indicates a service rating), stationed in a Marine barracks (shown as "MARBKS" on the receipt). By the way, if you can demonstrate a family link to Marvin, I'll sell it to you at a discount! Get it back into the family!

$75, OBO.

Name:	Minolta 16 - Black Body Set.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	614.1 KB 
ID:	75054

Enough for today! Look tomorrow for a Steky II, David White Realist 3D (2 available, 1 with flash), a few more sub-minis, a Meade telescope (F=1000mm) & lenses, plus odds and ends!

Shooter
    35mm
    PM sent for the red yashica...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    NEW PRICES!!!

1) MEC-16 - $75
    2) Universal Minute 16 & Flash - $75

Shooter
    Medium Format
    S/H costs are NOT included in the advertised price. My apologies for any misunderstanding.

Thanks!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Film for the Minox will be $10 per roll. Some sites are charging up to $25, so this is a deal!

I have three (3) rolls of color, ASA of 200, 400 and 800. I have 8 rolls of ASA 100, 3 of ASA 400.

If you're looking for vintage boxes for display purposes, I have a few of those:

Name:	Submin Film.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	438.1 KB 
ID:	75187

The two in the lower left date from 1988; the Tri-X Pan dates from 1962 (has 2 rolls; one of Tri-X, 36. exp., and one of Minox manufacture, 50 exp.); not sure of the date of the AGFAPAN (contains a cartridge with film, but the small, exposed part of the film is damaged).

$5 each for these display boxes. I wonder if the 1962 film is still usable; a former GF of mine had a roll of 9-yr-old Kodak film developed (had been sitting in a bathroom drawer all those years), and about half the images were there! Might have more luck with B&W!

Shooter
    127 Format
    Images
    I'd be interested in the Minolta submin film if you would separate that out. I can't swing the whole set, although I would love to. Great looking little rig!

Shooter
    Medium Format

Minox Film

Quote Originally Posted by Fixcinater View Post
    I'd be interested in the Minolta submin film if you would separate that out. I can't swing the whole set, although I would love to. Great looking little rig!
    I'll do $15 per roll without purchase of a camera. Even though it's all 2-3 years out of date, it has been refrigerated ever since I purchased it new. Prices for the vintage/display boxes are the same.

Any type of Minox film is hard to find! The only kind I found was some color at $25/roll, so my prices are looking good, even more so if you purchase a camera! I have the LNIB set for $100USD, and another camera/case/chain/manual without a box for $75USD.

My Paypal account is dr.david.child@gmail.com. Include a note with your payment for the type of film and number of rolls.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Both Yashica 635s have been sold.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Additional info: The MEC-16 camera includes film canisters, so you can load your own 16mm film!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Bump!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin