Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,872   Posts: 1,520,101   Online: 787

Shooter
    Large Format

FS: Tiny Darlot meniscus lens

Very small Darlot meniscus lens in brass barrel. Engraved on barrel is Darlot Paris 00 and there are 4 revolving aperture stops at the front of the lens. Written in pencil on the edge of the lens glass are the words Darlot Paris. This is a fun lens to use on a digital SLR. I used it on my Nikon D70S and had the lens mounted in a simple focusing mount made of cardboard tubing - would not be hard to adapt some other kind of mount using an old discarded Nikon lens. The 2 photos shown below are taken with the lens "uncorked" with no aperture stop to gain maximum softness. Putting the D70S in manual mode and using the shutter speed selection the shutter speed is easily obtained and results can be seen immediately. When focused at infinity the back of the lens is 2 inches away from the ground glass. This lens presents lots of possibilities for digital work and appears to cover around 6x6 cm so maybe could be used on a medium format camera as well.
    $135 plus shipping plus pp fees
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dar1.jpg   dar2.jpg   dar3.jpg   dar4.jpg   dar5.jpg  

scen1.jpg   scen2.jpg  
    Last edited by Simon Benton; 10-07-2013 at 02:09 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    still have it?

Dan
    Antique and Classic Camera BLOG
    www.antiquecameras.net/blog.html

Shooter
    Large Format
    Still available

Shooter
    Large Format
    I have been told that this is a fake Darlot lens and it is no longer available for sale. I am going to do some research on fake Darlots.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin