Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,280   Posts: 1,534,867   Online: 809

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Whatever this is, you probably need it

I don't know what to call this...an accessory shoe extension, a flash swivel extender, a short post extension with a tripod screw?
    I think it's a Rowi product from the 1950's or 1960's, made with typical German post-war attention to quality and detail.

$18 + $4 postage
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1070398.JPG   P1070399.JPG   P1070400.JPG   P1070401.JPG  

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Never seen before. The intriguing feature is that 1/4" thread at the upper part. I'm sure some fellow needs just that for...I don't know.
    (It could be that Rowi? already had that cold shoe with female thread in production and thought "Why not keep it that way? Some guy might find that useful.")

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It is indeed a flash tilting swivel extension.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I need it so much, I have one.

You could modify a tooth brush to fit in the top and mount it on a table top tripod for the bathroom counter.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have one too. You can mount your flash higher to reduce the 'red-eye' effect, or angle it for taking verticles. Additionally, you can unscrew to top shoe and mount another, smaller camera on it for more versatility. Everyone should have one!
    Bruce

Moma don't take my Kodachrome away!
    Oops, Kodak just did!

BruceCSdunekPhotography.zenfolio.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks a lot Karl. I don't need it but now I want it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by bsdunek View Post
    I have one too. You can mount your flash higher to reduce the 'red-eye' effect, or angle it for taking verticles. Additionally, you can unscrew to top shoe and mount another, smaller camera on it for more versatility. Everyone should have one!
    Like an aiming 'scope; I could put my Pentax IQZoom on top of my Linhof!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have one also! Pretty handy..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's probably for flashes with a PC cord, right? It looks like using this with hot shoe cameras and flashes could be hazardous to one's health!

And furthermore, when does one have to "need" something in order to buy it???

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mfohl View Post
    It's probably for flashes with a PC cord, right? It looks like using this with hot shoe cameras and flashes could be hazardous to one's health!

And furthermore, when does one have to "need" something in order to buy it???
    According to the media, we neither 'want' nor 'need' things, we deserve them. I don't quite understand why, but they can't lie on radio and TV, so it has to be true. I know I certainly deserved the last two camera bodies I bought.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin